Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

This would be great for animations where someone gives something to someone else without having to get (ex: Sword parented to something and another sword parented to something else and one of them invisible then switching them from invisible to not invisible or not invisible to invisible) so it would be better if you could change the parent in the keyframes

Just make one big topic about all your suggestions already please.. You're filling up the recent topics.

And this is easy to do. Switching parenting while mid-animation doesnt really need to be implemented in my opinion. Plus I'm sure that David already has tried doing this but it didnt work.

I think switching parent would look bad in an animation and it would be hard to make smooth. Best option is using two invisible swords and one used the transfer hands physically. Just make the first invisible, use the third sword for the moving animation, then make it invisible and make the one in the other person's hand visible.

36 minutes ago, RandomAnimatorMan said:

I think switching parent would look bad in an animation and it would be hard to make smooth. Best option is using two invisible swords and one used the transfer hands physically. Just make the first invisible, use the third sword for the moving animation, then make it invisible and make the one in the other person's hand visible.

I know how it would be smooth

On 28/5/2016 at 2:50 AM, TheFlamingEmerald said:

Easy just change the parent the after the parent is changed go to that same keyframes make it instant and move the item to the correct spot

The problem is, it's very difficult to put the object in the exact spot so it's never fully smooth.