Non-MI animation subsection?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Now many of you know that this is the Mine-imator forums, but there are some users such as SKIBBZ who dabble with the other 3D animation programs such as C4D and Blender. Now instead of lumping all the non Mineimator Minecraft videos into one section. (Promptly named "Minecraft Videos") It would be a bit more organized to show off the non-MI animators with their own section of the "Minecraft Videos" with a subforum of "Animations" with a rule stating that any Non-MI animation would be put into this sub forum and any MI animation would be put inside the "Test Animations" and/or "Narrative Animations" section respectively.

I'm just suggesting this as to make the forum a tad bit more organized for the non Mine-imator animator. 

This is just for the users who make animations that do not MI.

TL;DR Pretty much a section under "Minecraft Videos" that something like "Other Animations"

Edited by Littleman9Mew2

I think your reasoning for this is understandable, but at some point the over-specification of things gets out of hand. It's better to keep it simple and direct the specific sections of the forum towards the purpose of the forum, rather than create a long list of sub-forums to accommodate any possible topic people may want to discuss. As others have said, the general/off topic areas are more than suited for this. Those who wish to discuss more specifically the software of their choice can easily find any number of other website forums to do so.

If this were just an animation forums I could understand to some front, but these are mainly the Mine-imator forums. The purpose of posting non MI videos here is usually for friends to see or to just promote works. There isn't much need for anything else since other forums can cover this, yo.

13 hours ago, ÜberKiller said:

If this were just an animation forums I could understand to some front, but these are mainly the Mine-imator forums. The purpose of posting non MI videos here is usually for friends to see or to just promote works. There isn't much need for anything else since other forums can cover this, yo.

yo. Über has joined the legion of dopeness

ontopic: if you make a non-MI animation section, anim8rs may begin to go over to the dark side.(the dark side being c4d, blender, etc)