Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

You guys don't get the concept of animating.

The point of animating is to animate everything from scratch bound by no limits or physics.

No physics will be added. Even the better programs such as blender doesn't use physics.

It's something that doesn't belong to an animation software.

8 hours ago, IHaz0Cape said:

The point of animating is to animate everything from scratch bound by no limits or physics.

No physics will be added. Even the better programs such as blender doesn't use physics.

It would come really handy sometimes.

You don't use physics to animate...

You animate physics.

If you want your own physics then setup rules for yourself while animating such as "No object shall ghost through another object"

"Something that is in the air must have fell to the ground within 3 seconds" etc...

You don't use physics to animate...

You animate physics.

If you want your own physics then setup rules for yourself while animating such as "No object shall ghost through another object"

"Something that is in the air must have fell to the ground within 3 seconds" etc...

If I might...

Physics engines are used a lot for animation. Just look, for example, at CaptainSparklez' Pieces video. There's cloth simulations, rigid-body physics, and particle physics.

In fact, if you look at most animations by 'big' animators, they use physics in their work.

And after spending an hour yesterday working on a physics test in MI, I can say that having a physics engine would be impossibly useful.

22 hours ago, IHaz0Cape said:

*Looks at own Blender physics simulation video* yeah... totally.

20 hours ago, KicksBrickster said:

If I might...

Physics engines are used a lot for animation. Just look, for example, at CaptainSparklez' Pieces video. There's cloth simulations, rigid-body physics, and particle physics.

In fact, if you look at most animations by 'big' animators, they use physics in their work.

And after spending an hour yesterday working on a physics test in MI, I can say that having a physics engine would be impossibly useful.

*Looks at own Blender physics simulation video* yeah... totally.

Blender mainly uses physics to create explosions, particles, and breaking objects not animating.

Remember, Blender is not mainly made for animating. It's also made for creating models, editing videos, creating games, Etc.

Edited by IHaz0Cape

7 hours ago, IHaz0Cape said:

Blender mainly uses physics to create explosions, particles, and breaking objects not animating.

Remember, Blender is not mainly made for animating. It's also made for creating models, editing videos, creating games, Etc.

Not directly for animating, no. But for adding extra effects and detail to it, yes.

As far as your second point, I think I'll let @Heavenira deal with that one...

1 hour ago, KicksBrickster said:

Not directly for animating, no. But for adding extra effects and detail to it, yes.

As far as your second point, I think I'll let @Heavenira deal with that one...

You quoted my name, I'm right here! xD (Hey, at least that's something good about this forum update)

@IHaz0Cape But mate, physics are used a LOT. Hair, explosions, liquids, and yes, animations. I doubt you use those kind of software, but if you do, can you tell me otherwise..?

EDIT: Unless you come from before 1999...?

Edited by Heavenira

On 12/12/2015 at 0:15 PM, IHaz0Cape said:

:facepalm:

It's funny how anything proposed to be added to the software in this forum gets a negative reply like "the software is already good enough, just animate manually a bunch of blocks and character models falling down the stairs even tho we have the technology nowadays to make it look more realistic than we could ever achieve manually".

On 12/15/2015 at 3:51 AM, moniker said:

It's funny how anything proposed to be added to the software in this forum gets a negative reply

That is the most true thing I have heard here. Whenever someone comes up with a good idea everyone is like "well these other programs can't do it, so obviously we shouldn't have it either." News flash, this isn't those other programs, we don't need to limit ourselves by what other programs can do. (And Blender does have cloth physics and such)