Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

How do you guys create your rigs?

Do you use mine-imator to do it, or something else?  What's the most popular site/software for creation?

Roughly, how do you do it?  Do you do your own modelling, collaborate, borrow or buy?  What about textures?

As a noob, what should the process be from "I need a <insert idea here> in my animation", to importing the finished product into your project?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure it's not just me that wants to know some of these things.

Do you use mine-imator to do it, or something else?  What's the most popular site/software for creation?

Roughly, how do you do it?  Do you do your own modelling, collaborate, borrow or buy?  What about textures?

As a noob, what should the process be from "I need a <insert idea here> in my animation", to importing the finished product into your project?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure it's not just me that wants to know some of these things.

they do their own rig in mine imator.

they #1 take ideas,

#2 have a rough shape in ur brain

#3 rig

poeple frequently do stuff with, items from sheets (photoshop), in-programme cubes,cylinders and some basic stuff. it take alot effort, but it was worth it.

If you need some help about making rigs, go and check out this topic.

But if you still need help, you can ask BloxTheRigger. He is expert about making rigs. *Or ask me or someone that intermediate about making rigs. :v

Edited by Phupha

If you need some help about making rigs, go and check out this topic.

But if you still need help, you can ask BloxTheRigger. He is expert about making rigs. *Or ask me or someone that intermediate about making rigs. :v

Read that, it's a bit vague.  Other tutorials also run along the lines of download this model, download this skin, add them to each other... That's fine if you want standard biped with or without a face and fingers, but it's not really a how-to guide.

What I need is something that tells you how to model, say an elephant, from scratch.  Making a leg, with a knee, or a tail, or ears.  Do you need to do the whole UV unwrapping thing.
Maybe I don't mean rig, maybe I mean 3d model used in rigging.

Does that make more sense?

Read that, it's a bit vague.  Other tutorials also run along the lines of download this model, download this skin, add them to each other... That's fine if you want standard biped with or without a face and fingers, but it's not really a how-to guide.

What I need is something that tells you how to model, say an elephant, from scratch.  Making a leg, with a knee, or a tail, or ears.  Do you need to do the whole UV unwrapping thing.
Maybe I don't mean rig, maybe I mean 3d model used in rigging.

Does that make more sense?

3D Model same as Rig, well I give you all advice. Go ask Blox. Maybe he can explain more better.

If you want to know how to model, just use the part of body. Use the folder to create the character. Or use the template. Like Dinocow that Blox created. He used Cow's texture. and parented them to be legs, jaws and parts of Dinocow. If you mean to make 3D Models, it's just same as rig. Use the same concept. 

If I'm explain something wrong or else, please don't complain. Ask expert.

Well, once you figure it out it takes no time at all. I would start experimenting. Try looking at some other rigs and figure out how they are put together, then try making your own.

Otherwise, there are tons of easily-customizable rigs out there.

Well, there are many ways. All MI rigs are created in Mineimator, but any textures and other things used are created in image editors. A very general way that people make rigs a lot is by making custom item sheets, because they're 3D and easy to texture or apply to anything. Other ways you can do it is just parenting colored and resized cubes to a character or whatever you want. Anything can be used in a rig. Many people edit their skins for player rigs, and we also edit block sheets item sheets for that and anything else. There are tons of techniques, but generally you just picture the rig in your head, and add things and try to make stuff look good when parented onto a character, or anything. The only limit.... IS YOUR IMAGINATION.. and beefiness of your computer but that would take away from the saying
also skill is a very important thing for making rigs but still again the saying is still true 

Well, once you figure it out it takes no time at all. I would start experimenting. Try looking at some other rigs and figure out how they are put together, then try making your own.

Otherwise, there are tons of easily-customizable rigs out there.

Can anyone tell me what's gone wrong?

I'm experimenting with item sheets (once I actually figured out what they were and how they work), and it looks OK from one angle, but when it's rotated, there are all these empty pixels that are just weird.

No points for guessing what the item is, it should be kind of obvious, even with my 3rd grade art skills.
http://imgur.com/7yrLbNO

Can anyone tell me what's gone wrong?
I'm experimenting with item sheets (once I actually figured out what they were and how they work), and it looks OK from one angle, but when it's rotated, there are all these empty pixels that are just weird.

No points for guessing what the item is, it should be kind of obvious, even with my 3rd grade art skills.
http://imgur.com/7yrLbNO

That means you have transparent pixels on the edge of the texture. Go and fill the background with green in whatever program you use. If you see any transparent pixels, make those green, then selsct the green color and erase it.