Dark & Gloomy Collab 2 [Wallpaper Collab + Contest]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

ZCvSjcb.png

(Temporary Logo)

That's right. The Dark & Gloomy Collab is back. While the original one was a success, there were a few problems shown (Like the lack of a voting page for the contest part, or that some entries got forgotten in the video.). However, people managed to impress others with how well they went above and beyond with their wallpapers. With this collab returning, hopefully, the mentioned problems can be solved, and some people that weren't in the collab can rise and shine with what they can do with their wallpapers, and perhaps a few old ones can return...

Rules:

- The wallpaper must follow a dark or gloomy theme (obviously). It can be about something that happened in your life, or perhaps something that popped up in your mind.

- Comics are now allowed, but they must be ONE-PAGE ONLY. Fighter and ThatAnimatedGuy do those styles for their comics, for references. However, no "parts" are allowed.

- Despite comics now being allowed, animations are still not allowed.

- Editing and rigs are allowed. Bring those wallpapers a bit more into them!

- If you are concerned over if your wallpaper can be allowed, feel free to PM a mod. Or at least put a warning. After all, I know just how far the forum topics can get away with...

- The due date for the entries is the 10/23/15. That's 3 weeks in total, which is certainly a lot of time.

Contest:

Like the original collab, along with everyone's entries being shown in the video, there will be a contest as well. However, it'll work a bit different this time. Unlike last time, where just one person judged everything, YOU get to vote the winners! A voting topic will be made on the due date. The way it works is like this: the topic will contain links to all the entries, and you get to comment below which one you think is the best one. This will go on for 4 days. When the time comes, I will count which topic received the most votes (or comments). The ones which have the most comments will be put on 1st place, 2nd place, etc. There will also be honorable mentions, too. However, if this idea is unallowed by the mods, there is a 2nd option: judges. Those judges being what are considered the best wallpaper artists on the forums. If the 1st option gets voted down by mods, more detail on this 2nd option will be revealed.

IMPORTANT STUFF:

- You may have a completely different time zone than mine (mine being Central Time Zone). PM me if you have a different time zone than me. This is important so those who have the 28th on a different day than I have it can still have a fair advantage.

-  It's important to notify me when you posted your entry here, since there's the unlucky chance I may overlook this. Feel free to PM me.

- The video is coming out on the 10/31/15 - Halloween.

People In:

- MobKiller Animations

- Acorn

- TheGoldenAnimations

- PikaMasterzMC

- 6matthias

- Cmard

- Si

The gates have opened...

Edited by Nedia

"This will go on for 4 days. When the time comes, I will count which topic received the most votes (or comments). The ones which have the most comments will be put on 1st place, 2nd place, etc. There will also be honorable mentions, too". 

Wait so the topic with the most comments and likes wins? So what if a popular user posts a poorly made wallpaper, yet since they're popular, it receives a ton of likes and comments. Then an unpopular user comes along and posts a well done wallpaper, yet since they're unpopular (or unknown) people tend to ignore their topic. 

Come to think of it, why's there even have to be a contest, can't it just be a collab instead?

But hey, it's your collab, you do with it as you please. 

Wait so the topic with the most comments and likes wins? So what if a popular user posts a poorly made wallpaper, yet since they're popular, it receives a ton of likes and comments. Then an unpopular user comes along and posts a well done wallpaper, yet since they're unpopular (or unknown) people tend to ignore their topic. 

Come to think of it, why's there even have to be a contest, can't it just be a collab instead?

But hey, it's your collab, you do with it as you please. 

I think I worded that incorrectly.

Ok, you see, when all the entries are rounded up and all, a voting topic will be made, with links to all topics, so everyone can see all the entries done. Then, the person will post a comment in the VOTING TOPIC which wallpaper was their favorite. When the voting is done, I will count the comments on the VOTING TOPIC. The topic that had the most votes/comments in the VOTING TOPIC, will earn the first places. Likes and comments in the ORIGINAL TOPICS don't count.

No one batted an eye when Sam did it so...

Edited by Nedia