Grassy Meadow (Particles test)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

0wWbGuV.png

I was originally going to try this with items, but then I remembered something from Blender, with 3D tall grass being placed by a particle system, and I decided to try it out in MI.

I think it turned out pretty well. Unfortunately, unless David adds some way to animate particles as objects, they won't appear to be affected by wind (Rotation & position noise perhaps?). I am rendering out a tutorial for this, but it honestly isn't that hard to do.

Surprisingly, this really doesn't lag until you get upwards of a thousand particles at once, so its pretty useful for smaller areas.

They don't respawn of move? They just spawn at a random X or Y and stay there?

Yeah. Its a limitation of the particle system. I can't get them to move without looking wrong.

Edit: Oh nevermind. You were asking if they don't move at all. No, they don't.

Edited by KicksBrickster

Yeah. Its a limitation of the particle system. I can't get them to move without looking wrong.

Edit: Oh nevermind. You were asking if they don't move at all. No, they don't.

So... maybe you can make an animated Grass texture and switch it that way? Like a breeze is going through each one? Like a fire block...

Surprisingly, this really doesn't lag until you get upwards of a thousand particles at once, so its pretty useful for smaller areas.

A Thousand Particles you say?

I tried that. Didn't lag my laptop.

I making Master Core and his forms with particles. 500 in each place. It's still in development.

So... maybe you can make an animated Grass texture and switch it that way? Like a breeze is going through each one? Like a fire block...

That could work, though it would involve some trickery.

I making Master Core and his forms with particles. 500 in each place. It's still in development.

Yeah, mine usually doesn't lag to bad either, but I was rendering a video as well.

try combining the thousand particles with a large scenery... now that's lag

0wWbGuV.png

I was originally going to try this with items, but then I remembered something from Blender, with 3D tall grass being placed by a particle system, and I decided to try it out in MI.

I think it turned out pretty well. Unfortunately, unless David adds some way to animate particles as objects, they won't appear to be affected by wind (Rotation & position noise perhaps?). I am rendering out a tutorial for this, but it honestly isn't that hard to do.

love the idea, and maybe one day Mine Imator will be advanced enough to make it perfect, but you did do the best with what you were given, and congratulations on such a brilliant idea. I cant wait to see where this goes...