What We Really Need

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Okay, I have been using Mine-imator for about two years now, and as a seasoned Mine-imator (Mine-imator animator), I have suggestions that will surely speak for a lot of people.

1. Surprisingly, we can wait for that Undo Button. As much as it can save our butts, the issue can be worked around with care and patience. No, my number one, most urgent request is Integrated Audio. Honestly. We need to be able to input the sound track we're animating into the interface so we can hear being played back while our animation runs in real time. That would be an amazing step forward, and I truly consider it at the top. (We don't need to Export our sounds with the animation, we just need to hear the Sound Track while we're in the Interface)

2. Oh good, I almost forgot this one. *Ahem* We need to be able to organize our Timeline Subjects better. In the old Mine-imator, we could exclude certain things from the Timeline's Objects all together. We really need to be able to do that again. We use plenty of decorations in our Rigs, and if the Rigger didn't originally organize their work, Animators cannot go back and put them in a folder because that would cause the Parenting to become ruined. Doing this simple thing will save Animators a lot of time.

3. (Here's where the list loses it's order) We would like a separate timeline for textures on both Characters and Blocks.

4. We would like more Keyframe Transitions.

5. We would like to scale a Body Part any way we'd like without it Bending crazily, if that's even possible.

6. Maybe more Minecraft features can be taken advantage of. For instance, if we could use the Super-Secret-Settings on the Camera to give all kinds of effects to our Animations, that would help a ton. Also, with the dynamic that Leads have in Minecraft, we could make a Lead-like connection between two Objects that stretches and bends. This would help us make things like flails and savage saliva strings and other great effects, especially if we controlled how many bends it had and the way they bend.

Well, that's my two cents. Oh, and here's my latest video to give my suggestions some credential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMC555wysYo 

Edited by MBD_316

Truth is that I still read all suggestions, and some of these features are being worked on as we speak...

Oh my gosh. David, it means so much to me that you read this and even Replied to it. Because of you, I have a respectable YouTube standing and you've given me my ultimate calling. I've continued to use Mine-imator for so long because it may very well be one of the least complex 3D animators ever, and when I make quality animations with it, my style rises to the surface so much easier. 

If I were to use, say, Blender, the people viewing it will attribute half of what they see to the software, not to me. When people Comment on my videos on YouTube to tell me they're surprised I used your software, I always beam inside. You created my greatest outlet for expression, and at no cost. Bless you for that, from the depths of my pixelated heart. (Besides, Minecraft is the best game ever!!)

As far as I'm concerned, all of this has been requested multiple times, with a lot of it already confirmed for (not Demo 6 btw Allemn, David has said that there are two separate programs coming out, Mine-Imator Game-Maker edition, and "Davimator") the next version(s).

Personally I think it would be nice if forumers of the past looked through the suggestions thread before they posted their suggestion, but at this point it's too late. There are so many duplicate topics that I don't even know how easy it is for David to browse here anymore.

Sorry, but I wasn't bringing suggestions to mind. I was prioritizing them.  :D