Mine-imator VS Cinema 4D Comment of what you think.

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Mine-imator:

Simple, doesn't cost any money, and it makes all the Minecraft models for you.

Cinema 4D:

I think it costs money, you need to make the models yourself, but renders high quality.

I still vote for Mine-imator.

I know how to get stuff like that for free

Its kinda unfair to compare a more advanced, and more..um...open source animation software to a easy to use animation software that only focuses on minecraft. 

If your going to compare C4D to something, compare it to something that meets the quality of it.

(I learned this the hard way :P)

Edited by TheSpiderRider

Mine-Imator is free, easy to use, get the hang of it and your animations are god and thiey don't take long, whilst C4D take some time to animate and make wallpapers out of and it costs ALOT of money, so I would say MI.

Mine-imator:

Easy to use. No need to install a minecraft rig, because it's a minecraft animation software in the first place lol. Very easy to model new rigs, because its so simple to scale them. If you're using Mine-Imator, you can still get fairly high-quality rendering, and if you use other programs to brighten it up, it could look pretty close to C4D.

Cinema 4D:

A bit more difficult to use, but very useful for high-quality rendering. Cinema 4D is also able to do more than just minecraft of course, but we're talking about minecraft animations here. You will need to download some rigs, just to get the minecraft objects in there, But you could also make your own rigs. There's of course face rigs for download somewhere on the internet, but in mine-imator, you could get plenty of useful rigs, or make your own. I made mine. Thanks to people like GasCreeper, he's released a full working player rig with fingers and everything. I think mine-imator is easiest, but cinema 4D looks better in final rendering.

Conclusion:

Of course we all know that mine-imator is still in beta, but the 1.0.0 demo is out. We know that David probably has some very useful plans coming soon. Overall, I choose Mine-Imator over cinema, just because it's easy to use,  and if you want to model something yourself, its as simple as just adding objects like cubes, spheres, cylinders, etc. By the way, this is just in my opinion. You might feel different about what I think. Also, mine-imator is a free program, while cinema costs A FORTUNE.