REQUEST: Glow effect, advanced DOF, More bending, soft edge, PLUS a bug report

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So, the demo 5 so far is the best, and it's really good compared to the betas. However, there are some features I'd like to have.

-GLOW EFFECT

The glow effect would be a pretty neat lighting option, as it would allow an object to seem like it's radiating or something. Making the brightness to 100 helps, but it's not exactly the best way of making something glow. I don't want that feature removed either, because it comes in handy for greenscreen. An example could be the planet Minecraftia, with a blue glow at the edges of the block, fading into nothing, to give the illusion of atmosphere on the planet.

-DEPTH OF FIELD

The DOF feature is a really awesome addition, which helps with focusing on characters. There is a problem however on how it's managed. I'd like the ability to manage the shape and size of the DOF. Aside from that, I'd like to be able to move the area the way I can move objects and the camera. The way it could be handled is putting it parented to the camera

-MORE BENDING

There have been a lot of times when I wanted to bend custom objects and limbs and metal I made, but simply can't because there's no bending option. With this, the program could be advanced even further, adding more possibility to create custom mobs. And having multiple bends would be great too (i.e."bend one, bend two").

Another good thing would be if we could bend in all directions, rather than one. It really gets in the way of animating when you want to give someone an item, and have your hands in the air pointing something, and immediately bend to your hips, and then pick something up.

-SOFT EDGES

I remember in Blender, when I was going to animate, I found a Steve rig, and there was the ROUNDED EDGES version. The edges of a block just rounded to the next side. It would be nice if we could have this feature to make soft things in the game (maybe for Portal).

-LOCKING IN TIMELINE

I'd like to be able to lock objects within the timeline I don't want moved, instead of unchecking click to select in tabs. It would just kind of speed things up.

-Shift/ctrl click things in timeline sidebar

I'd like to be able to ctrl-click to select things in the sidebar of the timeline (to move, or delete, etc), and use shift-click to select multiple things. Basically the way Windows ctrl/shift select works

---------------------------

---BUG REPORTING---

---------------------------

Along with new features, I'd also like to report irritating bugs (I have no clue which ones have been acknowledged and which haven't).

-Lighting

There's a problem with the lighting leaving a square halo that's really bright when it's fading. I was working on a scene where there's a torch and it just added a hollow square when the light's supposed to have faded

-3D movement bug

This is one of the reasons my animations are taking so long (the undo/redo option is the MAIN reason). There are times when I try to move bent arms/ rotate items in multiple directions, the axis rotation/movement shifts out of place, colliding with another axis. A lot of times, the red and blue rotations get overlapped together, and they both rotate the item in only one way

-Other objects not appearing behind transparent blocks

I don't know what could be the cause of this, but literally 50% of the time Mineimator starts up like that. Closing the program and restarting it fixes the program during the run, but once you close it and open it again, the objects don't appear behind transparent blocks, and the cycle continues.

-Bunch of lines in repeated blocks

I made a beacon vortex, that repeats itself to extend the hole, and there's lines everywhere. Colors are mixing up too (though I had not applied any color changes, just 100% brightness). Would be neat to fix this. Thanks.

-Shortcuts

The ctrl-click feature never worked for me to copy keyframes in the timeline. It is a great feature though (I do the same in Vegas Pro).

-Glow effect

... but the atmosphere... that would mean i would've wasted hours of work :(

bgRLvZM.png

ontopic, you can use external softwares for glows

-More Dof : wait... what?

-Bending: yes!

shift/ctrl thing: meh,

With DOF, you can control foreground and background (placement in general) within the 3D interface, same way you can rotate and move the camera. Editing DOF with only just sliders in a taskbar is so beta and tedious to work with

Features:
Glow effect? Yes
Dof improvements? Agreed, it's hard to use right now
More bending? Multiple bend/bending in all directions probably won't happen
Soft edges? Could be tricky to implement, but maybe possible in the future
Locking in timeline? Yes
Shift/ctrl click? You can already do this

Bugs:
Lighting: pics?
3D movement bug: It's called gimbal lock and I can't think of a way to fix it 
Transparency: Needs fixing, yes
Bunch of lines: pics?

Use ctrl+C, ctrl+V to copy keyframes

Well for now.. some tips I guess.. :D

Glow effect? You can get really cool effect with "Adobe After Effects"
Dof improvements? I think you can do some tests to be good on that or try that effect with a 3rd part software.
More bending? :(  (It would cool to have I.K)
Soft edges? You can make this by rigging.. with cyclinders and textures (It lags though)

Dof improvements? I think you can do some tests to be good on that or try that effect with a 3rd part software.
Soft edges? You can make this by rigging.. with cyclinders and textures (It lags though)

Glow effects With Adobe, But What if people can not use Adobe? Wouldn't be fair on others now would it :C

Glow effects With Adobe, But What if people can not use Adobe? Wouldn't be fair on others now would it :C

Lol.. I didn't mean that..

There's no glow option in MI so it was just a tip, but also by improving your animations with

effects, you would be better than others. So yeah, of course it wouldn't be fair :D but it's the quality.

Lol.. I didn't mean that..

There's no glow option in MI so it was just a tip, but also by improving your animations with

effects, you would be better than others. So yeah, of course it wouldn't be fair :D but it's the quality.

What if I like Vegas Pro way better? After Effects seems too time-consuming to learn. Simpe things are scattered throughout the interface rather than grouped up for simplicity

What if I like Vegas Pro way better? After Effects seems too time-consuming to learn. Simpe things are scattered throughout the interface rather than grouped up for simplicity

Then you use Sony Vegas, It's not like he's saying you have to use After Effects. Also, you can get After Effects CS2 for free on the Adobe website.

Minerocker?? What is the difference of AE and Sony Vegas??