Anti-Bullying PSA (Public Service Announcement)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I do agree with the call to stop bullying, and the animation was indeed quite good. However, when a kid commits suicide because of bullying, the bullying isn't the only thing to blame.

Suicide is a selfish act. it is a person being so consumed with how awful their life is, that they will go so far as to kill themselves to stop the suffering. In other words, it is the act of a coward (in most cases. I'm not trying to insult anyone here, so don't take it the wrong way). There are right and wrong reactions to bullying. Suicide is obviously a wrong way. The corrects ways are to:

1: Tell somebody about it. Teachers, parents, friends, maybe even the authorities if it is that extreme. Keeping your depression over it, and your sadness bottled up is likely to lead to suicide. Other people can help you if you let them. 

2: Stand up for yourself. I realize that this isn't always possible, but if you can do it, then do it. Show the bully that he can't push you around, or crush your spirit.

3: Try not to act like you care too much, if you can. Bullies feed off of their victims' reactions. If you act like you don't care, they'll leave you alone. 

4: (this one will seem kind of weird) Be nice to the bully, but not in a way that seems like you're submitting to him. Proverbs 25:21-22 says: "If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink, for you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you." 

A bully wants to see you cry. He expects you to hate him. If you do the opposite, and act in a kind way to him, maybe even right after he hurt you, and it will confuse him, maybe even make him feel guilty. Who knows? Maybe you'll be able to turn him from his bullying ways, and he might even become your friend. :D

5: Be aware that bullies might have reasons for acting like jerks. Maybe they have trouble at home, maybe they've been bullied themselves, and are lashing out in response. Maybe they do it for attention, or to be 'cool'. Of course, they may just be idiots too. xD

Aside from that view on bullying... The animations I see here are much better than the ones I used to see on this site. The community is improving! VICTORY DANCE! 

Edited by BOOMmaker

I do agree with the call to stop bullying, and the animation was indeed quite good. However, when a kid commits suicide because of bullying, the bullying isn't the only thing to blame.

Suicide is a selfish act. it is a person being so consumed with how awful their life is, that they will go so far as to kill themselves to stop the suffering. In other words, it is the act of a coward (in most cases. I'm not trying to insult anyone here, so don't take it the wrong way). There are right and wrong reactions to bullying. Suicide is obviously a wrong way. The corrects ways are to:

1: Tell somebody about it. Teachers, parents, friends, maybe even the authorities if it is that extreme. Keeping your depression over it, and your sadness bottled up is likely to lead to suicide. Other people can help you if you let them. 

2: Stand up for yourself. I realize that this isn't always possible, but if you can do it, then do it. Show the bully that he can't push you around, or crush your spirit.

(I didnt read all of it so dont judge im just commenting on th efirst bit i read)

I know where your coming from and realise what you are trying to say.

But being bullied isnt a selfish act tbh...If your life really is terrible and people are making fun of you and you are getting hurt because of it and your being depressed sometimes your mind takes over and it happens...

What if there is no one to tell? Neighbors might not believe it or think you are over reacting...you might be an only child... School might not be able to help or your parents are always at work or something this is highly not probably gonna happen (grammor :3) but i just thought id say it please dont be angry at me >.<

I do agree on your points on how to help though (except from ones ive expressed that i dont above xD)

(I didnt read all of it so dont judge im just commenting on th efirst bit i read)

I know where your coming from and realise what you are trying to say.

But being bullied isnt a selfish act tbh...If your life really is terrible and people are making fun of you and you are getting hurt because of it and your being depressed sometimes your mind takes over and it happens...

What if there is no one to tell? Neighbors might not believe it or think you are over reacting...you might be an only child... School might not be able to help or your parents are always at work or something this is highly not probably gonna happen (grammor :3) but i just thought id say it please dont be angry at me >.<

I do agree on your points on how to help though (except from ones ive expressed that i dont above xD)

No, no. I didn't mean being bullied is selfish. Committing suicide because of it is. :P Being bullied isn't an individual's fault.

All the options I gave can be rendered useless to some people depending on their circumstances. So yeah, for some people, telling others wouldn't work, or they have no one to tell.

I'm not angry, don't worry. :P I was worried some people would be angry with me, actually. xD