BBCode Trick: Minecraft Font

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I think people forget that others can't see a font if they don't have it either. So it goes to a different backup font.

-Ayhay

NOTE: To get your font you MUST not copy and paste, you must type it. And... something Über said.

Hello Animators, Minecrafters of whatever! Today is a great day. Now your probably wondering "HOW THE HECK DID YOU DO THAT FONT?!?!?!" before you spam the comments/posts with that question I will teach you that.  

Now what you have to do is: 

[FONT=Minecraftia]Your text here[/FONT]

There you have your font! If you just want a different font replace the Minecraftia with a font name. Like Impact.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(Also you would want to do it with color try this)

For a different color: replace the word red with any color or use a hexadecimal color code (codes like #00000 NOTE: #00000 gives you black)

[color=red][FONT=Minecraftia]Your text here[/color][/FONT]

(NOTE: I WASNT PROBABLY THE FIRST TO DISCOVER THIS FONT TRICK SO MAYBE YOU HAVE PROBABLY HEARD OF IT ALREADY OR NOT)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Things Ive Noticed:

* You have to preview your post so you can see the font while editing (Don't worry it won't show the code if you don't do preview)

* Once you click preview, whatever you add something new after the font code that you haven't added before you did the preview, that change will also be affected with      the font

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that you know this cool trick try using it on your topic or posts. And maybe if they ask you how link them to here! :+1: if this actually helped you. This is very simple but It will be a bit hard because I've gotten into problems a bit that it doesn't work correctly sometimes.

(Dear Mods or other type of Staff: Tell me which section do I post BBCode tricks on. I picked to put this on Forum Discussion because it was the closest suggestion I thought about.)

(This is probably one of the few complex topics I've done)

Edited by damag2004

This trick won't work unless you set your browser to be able to read this font. Furthermore you must also edit the BBCode to be able to read the font aswell, which I don't think is possible without editing the website itself. And finally, people will also need to do this in order to see the font as well.

This trick won't work unless you set your browser to be able to read this font. Furthermore you must also edit the BBCode to be able to read the font aswell, which I don't think is possible without editing the website itself. And finally, people will also need to do this in order to see the font as well.

Sorry I'm not a BBCode expert. I never knew that plus I can do the font without problems or those problems above.

Edited by damag2004

Wait... I would have thought only people with the font downloaded would be able to see it.

For example, you should be able to see this, cos it's a default font.

Or even this.

Or possibly even THIS.

Otherwise, it would return to the default (Typewriter?) if you didn't have the required font.

Errr, weird. I don't get why it's called "minecraftia"

It's a semi-official font, found in places like http://www.dafont.com/minecraftia.font and http://www.fontsaddict.com/font/minecraftia-regular.html

Minecraftia is just the name of the font, so when BBCode tells your computer to fetch [font=Minecraftia], it'll fetch this specific font instead of, say, Wingdings. Cos that would be a bit awkward.