How to Make a Round Rotation

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Heavenira here! In this little tutorial, you'll learn how to make something move in a round way! For example, take a look at the way the cobblestone block is moving:

Sl3mR8F.gif

Start off by opening Mine-imator:

kNAsiDl.png

Then spawn a block or an item that you want to use. (I'll use a block in this case.)

Change the rotation point of the object to the centre. (8,8,8)

fGWIHJX.png

Go to instances and duplicate the block/item you're using.

Parent one of them to the other like so:

ibd8wTl.png

Move the parent up in the sky a little bit so you can see better. (Optional)

FED42Hu.png

Move the child 16 units down by using the green square.

yL1R7Kv.png

With the parent, create a new keyframe at the point where you want the object to stop rotating. (I'll stop at 30.)

With the Y axis, rotate the parent by any amount you want. (360 degrees if you want a full loop.)

PjUWbHU.png

Make all the parent's keyframes invisible.

BuAOZlp.png

With the child, create a new keyframe at the point where you want it to stop rotating. (That means I have to create it at 30 again.)

dPO0s2S.png

Rotate the child by the opposite amount that you rotated the parent. (Since I rotated the parent by 360, I have to rotate the child by -360. If I rotated the parent by -360, then I have to rotate the child by 360.)

MS9NF3H.png

And Voilà! That's how you rotate an object in a round way!

If you like this, hit that :+1: button and leave comment! See you in my next post!