Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

How to be Original  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find this topic Useful?

• Yes.
    • So so.
    • No.

i see alot of people being unoriginal and stealing other peoples ideas

(YES YES I KNOW YOU MAY SAY I COPIED FROM WILLCRAFT BUT ITS NOT TRUE)

for example: there was a time where one person made a robot version of himself and suddenly everyone made a robot skin aswell

so i'm gonna give you a few tips on how to be more original

1. Try and make something new

its better when what you are doing is new and hasn't been done before.

Example:

Member1: My character's weapon is a bracelet that can change into a Special electric whip

Member2: Wow! very unique!

Member3: i haven't seen something like this before!

2. Don't Base your items from others

it's nice to base things from others' creations and give credit but when making an original item/power/etc try thinking about a base of your own,i suggest that you'll Draw it in a notebook and then base your thing from your own Drawing.

Example:

Member1: My power is pretty cool right? i based it from a Drawing i made at school

Member2: Nice!

Member3: Cool!

3. Do NOT take something you do not own and claim you made it

most people are doing it to be famous or "Good", but it's forbidden and it's even against the law (well at least in my country)

and doing it will only result in anger and hate comments

Example:

Member1: Hey guys look i made an epic animation and i feel like i improved alot suddenly :)

Member2: Hey wait a minute! i saw the same thing in Member5's topic!

Member3: He's right! you copied his animation!
Member4: i checked the upload times and Member5 uploaded it first so Member1 obviously copied it!!!

Member5: YOU COPIED MY VIDEO!! ITS MINE NOT YOURS!!!

Thats all i got for now, this topic may be useless but i wanted to let people know how to be more original 

if you have some more rules post them and i'd love to add them :)

I hope i helped, Bye!

Edited by Shane

The third part is impossible to happen. By then, a mod would've taken the video off the fourms. Although the other ones are pretty nice.

Thanks. but i wasn't talking on animation stealing directly, it was only an example. was i meant was stealing powers, characters, skins, animations, wallpapers, art and that stuff

Edited by Shane

Thanks. but i wasn't talking on animation stealing directly, it was only an example. was i meant was stealing powers, characters, skins, animations, wallpapers, art and that stuff

Oh! This post is on how to be original. So this isn't about taken posts down or anything. So yeah, my mistake earlier. Although it is good not to steal any of those stuff.

I've to agree on this. Most people steal stuff. And I got a kind of angry when I saw the real uploader of an animation got like less than 500000 views, while a thief got 20 million++ !!!

My friend posted an animation with Mine-imator. It got 100 views. Then for some reason, the video was taken down and look what we found with more views?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yjjxbDigvc

If you search "minecraft avengers" on Youtube, guess what you'll find on the FIRST page? That video!

I've to agree on this. Most people steal stuff. And I got a kind of angry when I saw the real uploader of an animation got like less than 500000 views, while a thief got 20 million++ !!!

My friend posted an animation with Mine-imator. It got 100 views. Then for some reason, the video was taken down and look what we found with more views?

If you search "minecraft avengers" on Youtube, guess what you'll find on the FIRST page? That video!

see? stealing happens people! the third rule isn't only in the forums, it meant for youtube and other video sharing sites aswell.

offtopic:

7q9g8.png

7q9iM.jpg

Omg, I was plannin on making that last year, the project got dropped, Tho I still have the files. ಠ_ಠ

Is that.. animation.. is the taken down one and someone stole it as his?

Not too far off.

Anyways. Making something original isn't as easy as three steps. Thankfully Mine-imator is fresh on ideas so not many people have over cumbered any ideas. And there is no shame for using inspiration from movies, books, or other members. Looking up some ideas and references involving further story telling such as a virus being started by fungi, (main idea from the last of us, but the original article referenced back somewhere last year,) can be used; albeit not copied.

The point is, nothing can actually be fully original, (seeing all these frickin' movie reboots these days,) however they can be more elaborate and confusing than the last.

Some good ideas, but the Topic title just caught my eye more seeing it stood out from the rest. Perhaps a note to add in your topic?

for example: there was a time where one person made a robot version of himself and suddenly everyone made a robot skin aswell

for example: there was a time where one person made a ''school'' minecraft series and suddenly everyone made a ''school'' minecraft series

for the love of all that is holy dont kill me because of this post

for example: there was a time where one person made a ''school'' minecraft series and suddenly everyone made a ''school'' minecraft series

for the love of all that is holy dont kill me because of this post

if by everyone you mean "me" then its not true

However, if by one person u mean "me" then yeah its true

Edited by Shane