Kinect support

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Now the title says enough of what it'd want to say, but it pretty much covers all of what I need to say.

Users would whip out a kinect device and use that to help with animation. Mainly for a baseline in most animating but nothing special in the end of it all. It could take timed recordings, or limitless recordings. Then build the frames from the animation made from that.

Even rigs with fingers could simulate hands, which would be really awesome to see.

Just an idea at the moment. I'd save this one for last Dave, because I can image what a pain it would be to get this to work.

This is certainly possible using GML. It would take years and years of custom coding with the kinect, but it is possible.

Certainly not viable though.

However, people don't really want this and it would get minimal use and support. Plus, there are more efficient ways of tracking motions and applying them on to a 3D model.

Lastly, do you want to wait 15 years for an update?

Lastly, do you want to wait 15 years for an update?

It wouldnt take 15 years...

I'm sorry, but game maker does not support this

Ees no possible.

it's impossible

I dont think it can be done

Impossible For Gamemaker 

No Game Maker Support=No Mine-imator Support

Wow lol.

All it took was 1 google search and Gamemaker knowledge.

First off, people have already found a way to implement kinect features within gamemaker.

4jTW5cW.png

He then confirms it below^

And Gamemaker also has built in Controller support.(Not sure if GM has it for Kinect though)

And also a .DLL can be coded and made for fast processing of Kinect inputs.

Wow lol.
All it took was 1 google search and Gamemaker knowledge.

First off, people have already found a way to implement kinect features within gamemaker.
4jTW5cW.png
He then confirms it below^

And Gamemaker also has built in Controller support.(Not sure if GM has it for Kinect though)
And also a .DLL can be coded and made for fast processing of Kinect inputs.

Glad to see that people can shed a little light on this idea. I do hope this can be coded for motion capture abilities. That would just be plain awesome.

Another problem is that the Kinect system doesn't have a USB, it has it's own unique connector

I hope you understand that ALL models of Kinect come with a Grey colored USB adapter. Both Xbox360 and Pc Kinect alike. It's the only way to even get it to work!

I have already figured out how to rig Kinect with my computer for motion capture. I can explain more on it later, but it involves using the Windows Kinect SDK for it.

Edited by ÜberKiller

That would be helpful, but the coding is so long and advanced, maybe not even game-maker supported. The glorious David probably won't add this, but I agree that it would would help.

Ironically the post above yours quotes game maker support of the Kinect just so you know.

Who knows, 6.6.6 you can have Kinect support |¬v¬|.