Dev update #2: State of 0.7 and ridiculously large schematics

Or, you can not worry about "beta testers free" because VV

2xXh6zj.png

And as for the "Coding wont be to hard", You'd have to send a packet to the server requesting information on a user.

The Glorious David might have to create a plugin for IPboards.

The server might be unprotected and open for code injections via the packets.

And the server would have to accept the packet aswell..

Networking isn't the easiest thing to do IMO.(The above are just assumptions too)

That would also mean you'd need internet.

Maybe people would wanna animate whilst not online?

Either way  look at the photo in the spoiler.

It'll answer thy questions.

The image won't load due to a faulty firewall...

Oh, and that "Forum Profile" idea was for a SINGLE USE, meaning done once! I was thinking something similar to how Origin or Steam works when you get a game from them...you confirm your account, download it, and bam, no more internet required to use them, just internet for use of online features. HOWEVER, it looks to me as if Mine-Imator would NEVER need online-features, so yeah...

Oh, and what does "VV" mean, anyway?

Edited by Myelecor_Fireson

Oh, and what does "VV" mean, anyway?

It is like an arrow being pointed down. I was pointing at the spoiler.

And the image basically says, Mineimator will be a "Pay what you want" type program.(And free aswell)

So all the beta-tester stuff was an old bit of news that everyone seemed to keep sharing for some reason.

Or, you can not worry about "beta testers free" because VV

Spoiler 

And as for the "Coding wont be to hard", You'd have to send a packet to the server requesting information on a user.

The Glorious David might have to create a plugin for IPboards.

The server might be unprotected and open for code injections via the packets.

And the server would have to accept the packet aswell..

Networking isn't the easiest thing to do IMO.(The above are just assumptions too)

That would also mean you'd need internet.

Maybe people would wanna animate whilst not online?

Either way  look at the photo in the spoiler.

It'll answer thy questions.

So buying it is kinda like donating to the program, kinda like optifine?

So buying it is kinda like donating to the program, kinda like optifine?

Yes, quite like that.

For example, a lot of indie music artists (like myself) put up a site on which you can enter however much you'd like to pay, and then download the song. They often allow people to enter 0 so it's not required to pay.

flipnote 3d, mario kart 8, super smash bros 4, and mine-imator 1.0.0, there's so much to look forward to this year!

Everything on that list is absolutely yes. This year is a great year.

Everything on that list is absolutely yes. This year is a great year.

Minecraft 1.8 took a loong time to be made, but I can't find nothing much special in it.

Removeing MInecraft 1.8 from the list.

EDIT: There will be also Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

Edited by lucas200206

Minecraft 1.8 took a loong time to be made, but I can't find nothing much special in it.

Removeing MInecraft 1.8 from the list.

Just FYI, more than half of Minecraft has been rewritten for the 1.8 update. There are absolutely absurd amounts of work put into the internal handling of everything. They're doing this as mostly a technical update so that they can release Workbench, an official Plugin API.

Just FYI, more than half of Minecraft has been rewritten for the 1.8 update. There are absolutely absurd amounts of work put into the internal handling of everything. They're doing this as mostly a technical update so that they can release Workbench, an official Plugin API.

I have heard a lot about Workbench. From what I understand, the Forge API team, the Bukket Developers, and Mojang are all working on it. It's going to basically be the official mod-loading system, to avoid 3rd party APIs and such. It should also give a MUCH more stable system of mod-usage. I should hope that is in the 1.8 update, and I don't get all the trouble to do with it not being as large as previous updates. Heck, it's good enough as is. I hope that the features of 1.8 can be implemented into Mine-Imator, as well. (3D re-modeling of blocks, skin format, ETC)

I have heard a lot about Workbench. From what I understand, the Forge API team, the Bukket Developers, and Mojang are all working on it. It's going to basically be the official mod-loading system, to avoid 3rd party APIs and such. It should also give a MUCH more stable system of mod-usage. I should hope that is in the 1.8 update, and I don't get all the trouble to do with it not being as large as previous updates. Heck, it's good enough as is. I hope that the features of 1.8 can be implemented into Mine-Imator, as well. (3D re-modeling of blocks, skin format, ETC)

Indeed. Every non-survival change they add adds functionality to Workbench. A plugin (as it's now called) that used to take three days to make as a mod will take about an hour with Workbench. The compatibility stuff they're adding is amazing.

Most of the rewriting is done, it should hopefully be done in January, but no promises, February at worst.

Once again here we are in May, STILL WAITING

but hey, I don't mind the extra months if it means more awesomeness!

Once again here we are in May, STILL WAITING

but hey, I don't mind the extra months if it means more awesomeness!

Have you ever tried to balance coding a complex program like this and schoolwork?

yes

:I

Might I kindly ask how old you are? I simply bring up this point to demonstrate that a program like this takes absurd amounts of effort to work on, especially when doing schoolwork like David does.

:I

Might I kindly ask how old you are? I simply bring up this point to demonstrate that a program like this takes absurd amounts of effort to work on, especially when doing schoolwork like The Glorious David does.

It was a joke, don't take it seriously.

I know the load of work that David have.

Will this cost anything? if so, whats the price?

Remember to look around the forums before asking questions like this, it's been said many times before ;)

Mine-imator will be a pay-what-you-what thing. Basically, you don't have to pay anything if you don't want to, but you can donate if you do want to support David.

will the 1.0.0 update no longer be free?

the beta is over?

Remember to look around the forums before asking questions like this, it's been said many times before ;)

Mine-imator will be a pay-what-you-what thing. Basically, you don't have to pay anything if you don't want to, but you can donate if you do want to support The Glorious David.

The post directly before yours addressed this.