Branch to the upcoming Model-Making feature

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Some things that I would like to see in the upcoming model making feature is custom bendable limbs/body parts. So when you add a snake or something, you could set "joints" for the snake to slither with. Another suggestion could be to add a "stretchy" joint to something, so an iron golem can stretch its arms without the need for extra instances/objects. I know it's in heavy development, so this is just something I want you to keep in mind. :) Anyways, I love your work!

Don't worry, I'll make sure the model creator supports bending :)

I agree, if and when model making is added, joints would be almost necessary. I don't understand why David can't just set up a system to import models from techne *shrugs*.
1. From what I understand, Techne doesn't have a parent feature, so you can't parent the body with legs or arms.

2. The Techne format is not publicly available.

1. From what I understand, Techne doesn't have a parent feature, so you can't parent the body with legs or arms.

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

They are a zip file with a model.xml inside, you just need to walk through the <shape> definition to get the coordinates, size, rotation, etc.

This is how I was able to add techne models to nova skin texture pack editor: http://minecraft.novaskin.me/texturepacks#techne

this is a question for David: whatever i do i cant open the web site to download mine-imator al it does is give me a blank page. please clarify on if you are updating the program(for i know this can be the cause for unavailability in programs or games) or if you can help me in any other way. i would like to hear from you as soon as you can thank you for your help.

this is a question for David: whatever i do i cant open the web site to download mine-imator al it does is give me a blank page. please clarify on if you are updating the program(for i know this can be the cause for unavailability in programs or games) or if you can help me in any other way. i would like to hear from you as soon as you can thank you for your help.

There should be a button in the top-right that says "Skip" after 5 seconds. Try temporarily disabling any ad-blocking add ons you may have, or try another browser. If all fails, download directly here.

David, are you going to add Alex player model too? If i want to render images / animations with this and over 50% of skins i will use have Alex player model's hands. That would be just useful. :) (the 3 pixel wide arms)

latest?cb=20141015195728

I believe it's planned and it's been suggested by a handful of people. Also, topic bump much?

Edited by Aronan