Unjustified Down-voting.

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Thoughts on Down-voting.  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Has anyone down-voted one of your posts without a reason?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  2. 2. Do you think something like this would benefit the forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I have recently noticed that members of the forum have been down-voting posts without much reason. The area usually is around rivals or new members, which isn't fair to those who didn't deserve it.

My suggestion is that if a user has not posted on a thread, they will be prompted with a message box asking why they will down-vote, and must provide a reason. (Thus, the reason being only viewable to moderators and higher) This would be an interesting experiment to try out on the forums if even possible, and would benefit the community and crack down on unjustified down-voters.

This thread deserves a fat down-vote.

Please do jusitify as to why. I think I'll down vote yours for the inability to even understand sometthing and judging it anyway.

I do agree that new forum users do get down voted. Not sure how the message thing would play it though.

Sorry we're all human leaving that typo in there :Z

Please do jusitify as to why. I think I'll down vote yours for the inability to even understand sometthing and judging it anyway.

I do agree that new forum users do get down voted. Not sure how the message thing would play it though.

You think I give a damn about reputation on a forum. It's a forum. That comment deserves a down-vote for your inability to understand simple sarcasm on a thread about unjustified down-voting. And also your inability to even spell correctly.

You think I give a damn about reputation on a forum. It's a forum. That comment deserves a down-vote for your inability to understand simple sarcasm on a thread about unjustified down-voting. And also your inability to even spell correctly.

Sorry we're all human. As Uberkiller has said before, I don't care about some person possibly miles away correcting my grammar and spelling. Let me tell you your sarcasm would've been fine without a downvote. If you don't care about rep. Stop complaining and get off this thread. Your reasoning was poorer than your comeback.

More on topic however: I do believe that maybe having an annoucement alert instead of a PM may be better?

PS. Typing on the phone sucks with what I have ^_^

Been busy but I've got some input to add to what I just read.

The reputation system is mainly a feature to show who is reputable to the forums. You can damn well agree someone with good reputation on the forums is much more reliable than someone with poor reputation. It's also another way to agree with something, and say thanks. Nothing more.

And the down-voting system, well, is just the converse what I said.

its just rep dude its not like it your life at risk or anything like that

I don't shake in my bed at night knowing someone has down-voted my post. The only thing that bothers me about it is when no clear reason is provided. And if I recall, people have been banned for abusing the reputation system with alternate accounts for mass-down-voting and mass-up-voting towards another user. When it gets to a point like that, there is something seriously wrong with it

Grammar affects professionalism, not how great an opinion is. Your arguments are skewed to this thread anyways.

I experienced this in much larger quantity than any other member,mostly it was hating but i kinda want to hear out reason.

Reputation doesn't matter yet it kinda matter because you can see which of members respect your topic,so anyone who says that reputation is useless is wrong yes,those are just plain numbers but they show you who likes your topic or dislikes.

Killer has a point,but so does Swickster,nothing is bad about sarcasm,and if it is how everyone says,that they don't care about reputation,WHY BRINGING UP THIS TOPIC? Idea needs some work,but David should check this out.

Some simple minded forum users might find my comment annoying but i still don't care.

-Duran

Those are just reputation for the forums.

Other words: "Popularity" or "Like" and "Dislike"

Meaning if you have more Reputation like David, It's means his Very Popular in the Mine-imator Forums because he made the Mine-imators Animations Program.

If you have negative Popularity Meaning you did something Wrong or people don't like it and then press the rep_down.png

It mean you are Not Popular in this Forums. You Either do the right thing and rising your rep_up.png Or just keep being foolish and gaining the rep_down.png.

Example:

If I post something They like and They are impress of My work or what i show them if they do they will Click the  rep_up.png Button.

If I post something Bad That Broke the like posting something Horrible and Hate. They will Click the rep_down.png button

Well I hope this was Enough Explanation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what i think of Reputaion

Q: Does Forum Reputation ruin your life?

A: No! they are just Data that contain bunch of codes from the internet.

Q: Can the Reputation Bring a Serious Risk you and your Family?

A: No! I Rather Quit the forums or Leave as it be!

Q: What Goods about the Reputation?

A: What? It only rise the number of my Reputation on my profiles

Q:If you Like people's work will you click the rep_up.png Button?

A: Heck Yes! I Like from David so yeah i like that and i click rep_up.png Button!

Q:If you hate peoples work will you click the rep_down.png Button?

A: Well yes like Zackevin12, He keeps coming back and i shall click the rep_down.png Button!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Yeah that's what i think of Reputaion!

And Also if you don't like my Post then go A-head Click the  rep_down.png Button! Or Give me 10000000000 rep_down.png  Reps!

I don't see why i need them and I don't even care if i have them :| 

It doesn't bring good luck or giving you money for it.

Does it give you life? No i don't think so!

So yeah that's it.....

HATERS+GONNA+HATE_05d460_3317189.jpg

#Hatergonnahate!

Edited by Happy Gleyson

Those are just reputation for the forums.

Other words: "Popularity" or "Like" and "Dislike"

Meaning if you have more Reputation like David, It's means his Very Popular in the Mine-imator Forums because he made the Mine-imators Animations Program.

If you have negative Popularity Meaning you did something Wrong or people don't like it and then press the rep_down.png

It mean you are Not Popular in this Forums. You Either do the right thing and rising your rep_up.png Or just keep being foolish and gaining the rep_down.png.

Example:

If I post something They like and They are impress of My work or what i show them if they do they will Click the  rep_up.png Button.

If I post something Bad That Broke the like posting something Horrible and Hate. They will Click the rep_down.png button

Well I hope this was Enough Explanation

This is what i think of Reputaion

Q: Does Forum Reputation ruin your life?

A: No! they are just Data that contain bunch of codes from the internet.

Q: Can the Reputation Bring a Serious Risk you and your Family?

A: No! I Rather Quit the forums or Leave as it be!

Q: What Goods about the Reputation?

A: What? It only rise the number of my Reputation on my profiles

Q:If you Like people's work will you click the rep_up.png Button?

A: Heck Yes! I Like from David so yeah i like that and i click rep_up.png Button!

Q:If you hate peoples work will you click the rep_down.png Button?

A: Well yes like Zackevin12, He keeps coming back and i shall click the rep_down.png Button!

So Yeah that's what i think of Reputaion!

And Also if you don't like my Post then go A-head Click the  rep_down.png Button! Or Give me 10000000000 rep_down.png  Reps!

I don't see why i need them and I don't even care if i have them :| 

It doesn't bring good luck or giving you money for it.

Does it give you life? No i don't think so!

So yeah that's it.....

HATERS+GONNA+HATE_05d460_3317189.jpg

#Hatergonnahate!

Moving on from your 'rough' explanation, how does this relate to Killer's idea. It's not a bad explanation, no doubt, however, what about Killer's idea? I do think it could be looked upon in the end.

Alright, It seems necessary to revise my previous opinion. Why not just lower the possible amount of rep to be given by a peers on daily? I mean, it's not that Important, and this topic seems to be blown a bit out of proportion. But I do understand how rep can show what is respected and liked in the community.

Well i think its a good idea but i have a arguement against it aswell.

If you get messaged if you just downvoted something the moderators all should look into the send messages and would have nomore time to do something else a warning is a good decision but what if you just didnt like some hate post and downvoted it because you felt like it. I think its a good idea but it would near impossible to do it right

My suggestion is that if a user has not posted on a thread, they will be prompted with a message box asking why they will down-vote, and must provide a reason. (Thus, the reason being only viewable to moderators and higher) This would be an interesting experiment to try out on the forums if even possible, and would benefit the community and crack down on unjustified down-voters.

Hah do you think that Feature easy? I think not! -_-

Come think of it, there's a lot of people here posting! When What if they all give the rep_down.png

Imagine with all that Notification!!! :wacko: 

9nC7j1c.png

Well your suggestion could make the Moderators a-bit Stressful! o.O 

Edited by Happy Gleyson

Hah do you think that Feature easy? I think not! -_-

Come think of it, there's a lot of people here posting! When What if they all give the rep_down.png

Imagine with all that Notification!!! :wacko: 

9nC7j1c.png

Well your suggestion could make the Moderators a-bit Stressful! o.O 

Happy. Let's say one person gives 5 down rep to one of your posts (and that's a bit extreme). Are you saying roughly about 222 members are going to downvote 5 of your random posts. Ok I know that's an example but I doubt that's really going to happy. Not to mention, wrong edit. I suggested that it goes in notifications as then it's like a 'status' alert not the inbox, where it could, my opinion, clog up your inbox.

Happy. Let's say one person gives 5 down rep to one of your posts (and that's a bit extreme). Are you saying roughly about 222 members are going to downvote 5 of your random posts. Ok I know that's an example but I doubt that's really going to happy. Not to mention, wrong edit. I suggested that it goes in notifications as then it's like a 'status' alert not the inbox, where it could, my opinion, clog up your inbox.

I don't really care about my reputation.

and it is a example, i just don't know what it should look like '-'