Trapped (Vs. Insanity - Pt. 2)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I should've listened to my cousin when she warned me that Mine-imator takes a lot of patience. Three days later it's still not anything amazing, but I did use overlapping action, as well as updating the facial rig from Skibbz's (Sorry, Skibbz) to SharpWind's, as well as TRY some idle animation. PLEASE criticize this, because my whole goal in making these animations is to get better at it. Should I ever perfect it... I don't really know what I should do after that... probably make good animations. Until then, you have this crap. Enjoy.

Okay. I see you're trying. Here you go:

Lighting: Try to have better brightness in your animations, and illuminate your focal point with spot lights. I recommend SharpWind's lighting tutorial to help you understand lighting and depth: 

Spoiler

Also, I wouldn't recommend using fog. It just adds a color to all the surfaces, and it looks bad.

Animation: It was okay, although that sitting up animation could be worked on. Make sure to have all body parts moving at all times. I see you understand overlapping action, which is good. But MAKE SURE your character is never completely still. This is key.

Facial Expressions: Put a little more effort into animating them.

Camera: Try moving the camera around some more, and activate "Camera Shake", for more realistic movement.. Also try messing around with the other effects too.

I think you have potential, keep going!

1 minute ago, Awesome Emerald said:

Okay. I see you're trying. Here you go:

Lighting: Try to have better brightness in your animations, and illuminate your focal point with spot lights. I recommend SharpWind's lighting tutorial to help you understand lighting and depth: 

Reveal hidden contents

Also, I wouldn't recommend using fog. It just adds a color to all the surfaces, and it looks bad.

Animation: It was okay, although that sitting up animation could be worked on. Make sure to have all body parts moving at all times. I see you understand overlapping action, which is good. But MAKE SURE your character is never completely still. This is key.

Facial Expressions: Put a little more effort into animating them.

Camera: Try moving the camera around some more, and activate "Camera Shake", for more realistic movement.. Also try messing around with the other effects too.

I think you have potential, keep going!

Thanks. Somehow in the last one I made, I managed to make a pretty good sitting up animation, but with that one the character was on his front, so I can't really do the same thing. I had kind of forgotten about animating the face, other than the pupils. Still working on the idle animations, which is why I made him look around after he got up. I definitely appreciate the advice.

6 hours ago, OzFalcon said:

haha... it's gonna take a lot more than 3 days to get good at animation. It's not just Mine-Imator that takes a lot of patience (in fact it's one of the easier programs to understnad), but it's every 3D animation software that requires a lot of patience to succeed at using it.

Yeah. I tried Blender once. I couldn’t figure out how to do anything with it.

Learn mine imator before learning blender. Mine imator is the simplest application you can get, but it still doesn’t do EVERYTHING for you.

study your own animations, and study real life physics. Replay your animations while thinking: “Is this realistic?”

There, that’s my tip. I can tell you are trying hard!

when he moved his arms behind to push simself up, he did it quite suddenly. Make it slower. A tired/hurt/sick person does it slowly because it hurts.

On 9/3/2019 at 9:00 PM, MojangYang said:

Learn mine imator before learning blender. Mine imator is the simplest application you can get, but it still doesn’t do EVERYTHING for you.

study your own animations, and study real life physics. Replay your animations while thinking: “Is this realistic?”

There, that’s my tip. I can tell you are trying hard!

when he moved his arms behind to push simself up, he did it quite suddenly. Make it slower. A tired/hurt/sick person does it slowly because it hurts.

Ok, thanks. I don't really plan on going to Blender for my Minecraft animations, if I decide to do different kinds, I may use blender for those. But for Minecraft, I'll probably just use this.