I'm working on a Steve Rig(Inspired by Bootstrap Buckaroo)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hi, i just want to let everyone know i am working on making my first rig inspired by Bootstrap Buckaroo, i already have the hand rig completed, so my next goal is the face, mostly the eyes.

Here is a video that shows in many ways what i'm hoping to achieve in the end

Q&A

Q. When can we expect this rig to release?

A. I won't confirm any dates yet, as i wanna make sure the rig is as close to perfect as possible before i release it.

Q. What your hoping to achieve in the end is going to be quite exhausting, are you sure your up to Bootstrap Buckaroo level Rigging?

A. Yes i know it will be exausting, but in the end i will have released Mine-Imator Version of the rigs he uses.

Q. Let's assume your rig is so successful i want to donate to you as a means of saying "Great Rig", will there be an option to donate?

A. No, i don't want money for thanks, a simple "Great Job on the rig" is more than good enough for me.

Q. After you done the steve rig, will  you be doing an Alex Rig?

A. Long story short i intend to do the rigs for all the mobs in minecraft, but my first rig will be the steve rig, the last one will probably be the iron golem, simply because it will be interesting "rigging" the Iron Golem, after all i am going for Bootstrap Buckaroo level rigs here.

Q. What about blocks, will they be Bootstrap Buckaroo level too?
A. I'm honestly not so sure about the blocks, i'll probably keep the blocks as is, but hey who knows maybe after the iron golem i might start on the blocks, but do keep in mind there are alot of blocks in minecraft so if in the event i do decide to do the blocks that will take a LONG time.

Q. If we encounter a bug i'n one of your rigs, what do i do to report the bug?

A. i will setup a bug report form once the rig is released, however you must be very specific as to what the bug is because i cant fix the bug if all someone says is "Rigs Face is upside down" like i need specifics so i can isolate the bug and fix it.

Q. Can i make money from animations i make that use your rig?

A. I honestly don't know on that one so i'll probably worry about that once the steve rig is released.

Q. After you have finished rigging the mobs  (and maybe)blocks and items, what will you be doing next?

A. By the time all the rigs are done, i will probably start learning Blender so i can make Blender Versions of the same rigs.(Keep in mind, i am a slow learner so when that time comes the Blender versions of the rigs could take potentially longer to make than the mine imator versions)and then after i have released the Blender versions i will move on to Maya, which yet again will take me a long time to master. so many plans for the future.

Q. Let's assume you have released Mine-Imator, Blender and Maya versions of your rigs, what will be next for you?

A. A Long and well earned break from rigging,(I will have deserved the break too)

Statements and replies

S: Shut up and take my money!!

R: I don't want your money, you can keep it

S: MOAR PLEASE!!

R: Ok MOAR coming up xD

To be completely honest with you, you're talking about this as if you're producing a huge movie that everyone knows is going to be the most epic thing ever. But we haven't seen any of your past work, if you have any, and you don't have any screenshots out. Tbh, probably no one asked any of those questions in that Q&A, especially not "Shut up and take my money!!" or "MOAR PLEASE!!", because we don't know anything about you, or this project except for that you have big plans for it and that it includes Bootstrap-Buckaroo styled rigs.

I'm sorry if this seems rude, but I am just being completely honest with you.

Edited by Colonel Muffin
not gramaticly speld words