How to make a .object file with motipule moving parts??

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hey guys im making my own tardis rig and for the tardis rig im obveously gonna want the doors to open and i dont know how to do that so i downloaded one and had a look inside the folder and well i couldnt make any sence of it all so i was woundering if someone could help me with it, so bassicaly all i need to know is how to make it so when i load up mineimator i can spawn my tardis and i wont have to spawn the doors seperatly (and they move

7 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, The26thDoctor said:

Hey guys im making my own tardis rig and for the tardis rig im obveously gonna want the doors to open and i dont know how to do that so i downloaded one and had a look inside the folder and well i couldnt make any sence of it all so i was woundering if someone could help me with it, so bassicaly all i need to know is how to make it so when i load up mineimator i can spawn my tardis and i wont have to spawn the doors seperatly (and they move

Make a folder. Put whatever you want to be included in the rig into the folder. Export the folder as an .obj     

Just now, Echo. said:

Yeah. Quote people next time so they get a notification.

ok :D

Just now, Echo. said:

Make a folder. Put whatever you want to be included in the rig into the folder. Export the folder as an .obj     

How do I Export the folder as a .object

29 minutes ago, The26thDoctor said:

How do I Export the folder as a .object

You can export without the use of a folder, you just have to make sure the root parent of the rig is selected, and all child objects or 'attached parts' will be exported in the .object aswell as incorporated textures.

Theres a save icon underneath that can save the selected hierarchy of objects for you.
Here's an image:

O6HfeDB.png

Just now, Emunator said:

You can export without the use of a folder, you just have to make sure the root parent of the rig is selected, and all child objects or 'attached parts' will be exported in the .object aswell as incorporated textures.

Theres a save icon underneath that can save the selected hierarchy of objects for you.
Here's an image:

Reveal hidden contents

O6HfeDB.png