First Mineimator Animation

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So I just finished my 1st animation (and second project) with mine imator, I'm fairly happy with it, considering i've never done anything like this before. Although, I understand it could use some smoothing out and other improvements. If you have any feedback on it (good or bad), then please comment :)

As this was my first animation I decided not to get into anything a bit more complicated like sound and face rigs, but I'll try and include that in my next animation. If anyone knows/has any good tutorials on face rigs please let me know :D 

BTW : Story of the animation is basically Steve is being chased by zombies, he decides he's not afraid of them and so he goes and kills them...

18 minutes ago, Emanatronic said:

Smoothing...  :facepalm:

Anyway, this is great for a first. Way better than my first projects. If you keep training, it'll only get easier.  :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Smoothing.. tuning,.. fixing idek -_-

Seems like you've neglected the basics of physics. I understand it's your first animation and you probably don't know much about the program but there are so many mistakes that are easy to fix.

Although for a first it's not that bad, just keep trying to make your movements feel like they have weight and you'll get pretty good.

Edited by EpicJ
Also that doesn't look like the latest mine-imator.

5 minutes ago, EpicJ said:

Seems like you've neglected the basics of physics. I understand it's your first animation and you probably don't know much about the program but there are so many mistakes that are easy to fix.

Although for a first it's not that bad, just keep trying to make your movements feel like they have weight and you'll get pretty good.

Ok thanks, I guess I was kinda eager to finish it... thanks

On 2016-06-07 at 8:25 PM, Emanatronic said:

Smoothing...  :facepalm:

Anyway, this is great for a first. Way better than my first projects. If you keep training, it'll only get easier.  :thumbsup:

Smoooth...

ie?

This is beautiful for a first time.  Few things though.  After running for a while and then panting, I usually don't pant with my arms out wide.  I bend down and put my hands on my knees.  Another thing is that sound is EVERYTHING!  I understand it is your first animation so this shouldn't be expected of you, but sound really affects the animation.  It can make an animation rated 3/10 to 6/10.  I'm just trying to show importance to sound.  This isn't expected of you from such an early animation.  Another thing, you should keep particles coming up from torches. and possibly flickering light when the torch is attached to the wall.  Another thing is that fight animations should be intense, and a great way to do that is to mix up a bunch of camera angles!  So if you felt like redoing this animation in the future, put a bunch of more animations in the zombie fight scene!

These are all just tips for the future!  Great animation!