'Include in Render' option

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Understanding that there are workarounds, I think a quick and easy thing to add while David is working on the 1.9 features of MI would be a render setting, 'Include in Render'.

It's a simple enough feature, but it means any 'control' objects, like the control points on my rigs, for example, could be kept visible for animation purposes, and wouldn't need to be made invisible before rendering it out. This is similar to bones and control objects in other programs, which do not render automatically. It would also allow us to quickly render something with, for example, the background removed, so you can animate a character interacting with a schematic, but see their movements in a render without it.

It's a small thing, pretty unnecessary, but it would be nice.

1 minute ago, geotrax2001 said:

just uncheck the visibility. what your asking for is no different then unchecking visibility.

Actually, it's completely different. This lets you keep your items visible in the interface, but doesn't render them. It's easier (IMO) to use cubes instead of folders for moving things, since it's a more visual representation of what's going on. The problem is I have to got through each one and uncheck visible before I render a final animation, and that's time-consuming. 

4 minutes ago, KicksBrickster said:

Actually, it's completely different. This lets you keep your items visible in the interface, but doesn't render them. It's easier (IMO) to use cubes instead of folders for moving things, since it's a more visual representation of what's going on. The problem is I have to got through each one and uncheck visible before I render a final animation, and that's time-consuming. 

i get what your saying now...

it really isnt that time consuming (at least, not compared to rendering in blender)

Just now, geotrax2001 said:

i get what your saying now...

it really isnt that time consuming (at least, not compared to rendering in blender)

I suppose tedious is a better word. I hate missing one and having to cancel a render, fix it, and re-render the whole thing. Can't tell you how many time's I've done that by accident.

There is a feature that says "select all keyframes"...

After clicking that, disable visibility... I understand what you mean, my rig also was some interface but this suggestion has an easy fix.

By controls points you mean these right?

Tqo7j7R.png

Ohh and I still don't get how useful this would be, I mean you would still have to go to each item to click on that "Include in render" option.

Edited by -StickyMations-