Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

This took me about 3 hours to do. From pose-to-pose/ blocking each pose 2 frames at a time with some other parts being animated 4 frames apart, like the body. You can give me any criticisms or feedback you want. its not like I get any...

This is kind of more of a jog now that I look at it. and... I messed up on the right arm

Edited by SDWAN

2 minutes ago, Japnoo said:

Looks pretty good! except the legs seems to be clipping through his own body? unless that always happens during run cycle in MI and i'm just noticing it now.

it always happens

23 minutes ago, Ironwave Studios said:

looks alright. Maybe make the body move more fluidly. It seems too stiff imo.

2 frames per second seems to be the best option to animate now. no more mix and matching between frames

4 minutes ago, SDWAN said:

2 frames per second seems to be the best option to animate now. no more mix and matching between frames

well I mean there should be more movement and bobbing in the hips. And I know you said that you are going to add bobbing when you put it in an animation, but a trick i always use for my walk/run cycles is to parent the character to a folder. This way you can make the character bob up and down and make the body move a lot more, and then to actually make the character move from point a to point b (like in an animation) you can just move the folder that it's parented to. I've always found it to be way easier that way.

19 minutes ago, Ironwave Studios said:

well I mean there should be more movement and bobbing in the hips. And I know you said that you are going to add bobbing when you put it in an animation, but a trick i always use for my walk/run cycles is to parent the character to a folder. This way you can make the character bob up and down and make the body move a lot more, and then to actually make the character move from point a to point b (like in an animation) you can just move the folder that it's parented to. I've always found it to be way easier that way.

That's actually pretty useful actually. I might test this one day

The movement is all good, but the body fluidity is a little sketchy. Try moving the knees up and the body to the side. Increase the distance between strides, to make him look like he's going faster.