FPS vs TPS (Gameplay Concept) (4K WALLPAPER) (Gunslingers RIOT)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Yo.. I'm back with 2 new wallpapers (well.. kinda).

I tried to make a HUD for Gunslingers RIOT. This is just a concept and won't be in the actual modpack since MC doesn't allow this much modding. (Or I don't know how to make it :D )

Tell me what you think of these and which one is better. ;)

TPS

AY9ANyV.jpg

FPS

B68S0v0.jpg

Here's some tips:

• The crosshair is simply too big. It's also rather wide which is a bit unusual considering the normal square proportions.
  • The GUI takes up a lot of the screen. This is not often the case as the GUI's main goal is to display as little required info as possible so the player can focus on the gameplay instead of being distracted by the HUD
  • Why would a D-Pad be used to control the weapon switch? The only game that I know that successfully did this was Left 4 Dead, but it was never for weapons. Instead it was for flashlight, throwable, medkit, and pills while the main weapon switching was handled with the Y button.
  • And finally for the image itself, the glow effect you are using is too bright. The foreground needs some brighter lighting to compensate but in the TPS shot it's making a character have a glowing aura and makes his white sleeves glow with the brightness of seven suns. No cloth reflects light to that degree. So I'd suggest toning it down a bit.

Otherwise this is an interesting wallpaper. More 'game' wallpapers and videos should be welcomed here.

Edited by ÜberKiller

@ÜberKiller Thanks for the tips. :)

- The crosshair and the HUD is a bit large because I wanted to show the concept more clearer. And I think these size of the GUI depends on the resolutions in most games anyway.

(Also I didn't realize how big the crosshair was until I rendered it because I was working on the image zoomed-in. :D )

- I'm not sure if the D-Pad weapon selection is better or not but I just wanted to do something different than most shooter games.

- I think I failed a bit on the glow part. I tried make a Cell-Shading kind of a look because I wanted the game to have a bit more cartoony effect instead of a realistic one.