The Switch - A Minecraft Animation

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Well, after about two weeks of being ill, busy and so many more pointless excuses, I can finally present to you my Halloween animation!
I'll be giving large amount of thanks to @Flarp for the idea, and it wouldn't have been done without him.
Also thanks to @BloxTheRigger for providing all the rigs used in this video!
Without further ado:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLO1PDESbWM

It took quite a while to get done, and I'd really appreciate feedback (on the animation - I understand the voice acting and some of the audio is a bit iffy).
-Oh, and I still have no idea how to embed a YouTube video.

Edited by Mooshim

Really cool and original animation. A few mistakes were made though, just small ones. (In my opinion.)

1. You made the blue one walk trough the door as if he was in no-clip.

2. The torch should have some kind of particle comming out of it. Or else, it won't look very alive.

3. When he replaced the torch, did the old one just disappear? 

I'm just being picky right now. ;) It was great.

Edited by IHaz0Cape

4 minutes ago, IHaz0Cape said:

Really cool and original animation. A few mistakes were made though, just small ones. (In my opinion.)

1. You made the blue one walk trough the door as if he was in no-clip.

2. The torch should have some kind of particle comming out of it. Or else, it won't look very alive.

3. When he replaced the torch, did the old one just disappear? 

I'm just being picky right now. ;) It was great.

1. Yeah, I was really uncomfortable with that too but I couldn't find a way around it. I touched it up a bit (both arms used to clip), but it's still not great
2. I'm not that great with particles ;n; I should've called Blox for that too
3. I'm lazy :P

3 minutes ago, Japnoo said:

Very nice, but it seems like the walking animation is a bit laggy, i think you need to mess around with the transitions for it, but everything else is great :D 

I tend to use linear transitions for walking otherwise it gets really awkward.
I guess it's something I'll pick up :D

Just now, Mooshim said:

I tend to use linear transitions for walking otherwise it gets really awkward.
I guess it's something I'll pick up :D

Actually it may have had something to do with the way you keyframed your character moving or something, I dunno lol, anyway it is still a really good animation 8D good job man!

For entering the door a sideways view could have helped to cover up the clipping. You could have made the left arm clip but made the camera angle cover it up using the character's body. After that, a moving camera view could have been used to adjust the view to the way you wanted it to be from there.