New forum features guide

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hi. But here is my guide to the features we have with "the forums 2.0". Sponsored by Frossayes

Redesign 

We have a new forum design, its so pretty. 

New profile settings

Your profile settings have been improved with old and a new feature called: Display name, which can be changed once a month.

New Signature feature

You may notice that your signature may include a quote from your most popular topic (I think popularity is based on replies). 

New topic creation process

To create a topic, click '+create' next to the notification icon, you will be taken through the process of selecting the forum to post in and then to the topic create page.

56Nf1IN.png

Follow feature

Similar to the subscriber feature on Youtube, replacing the friends system. You will receive a notification anytime a user you follow posts something, whether it be a status, reply or topic. If you don't like it, don't use it. This can get a little obnoxious, so these notifications can be altered in notification settings. 

qQ7GO8o.png

Cover photo

Replacing the background photo. A cover photo can be seen on your profile page behind the profile picture. To change your cover photo, click 'Upload photo'. Once the photo is uploaded, you can choose to reposition or remove the image. 

daH6rRG.png

Positing Images and Videos

This feature has changed significantly. To import media, select 'Insert other media' at the bottom of your post. Click the "Insert image from media". Paste in any image or you tube video link and the content will be posted (yes it says image url, but video urls still work). 

EUlGC5Y.png

Popular Contributors

This list includes the members who have earned the highest amount of reputation over the following time period (week, month, year, all time). 

yNHUMwK.png

David over the past week (since the new forums went online) has gotten 47 likes, therefore being the highest contributor.

New status update features

When you click on a status update, you will have the ability to like the status, which counts towards the members overall reputation.

You can also change fonts, add images and more on status updates.

iDwv8Sx.png

Popular right now

If anyone can provide an image, that would be nice. The 'popular right now' tab will show the most popular recent topic (I do believe this topic has to reach the "hot' standard before appearing in 'popular right now'. 

Rex Forumae

We have a new admin, Frossa. With David stepping down (which allows him to devote more time to Mine-imator), Frossa has stepped up to 'Ruler of this island' or 'Rex Forumae'. 

If I've missed anything feel free to tell me.

M3142F1.jpg 

Edited by ZZZZane

Follow feature

Similar to the subscriber feature on Youtube, replacing the friends system. You will receive a notification anytime a user you follow posts something, whether it be a status, reply or topic. If you don't like it, don't use it. This can get a little obnoxious, so these notifications can be altered in notification settings. 

So, let me get this straight: We do not have friends anymore but we have to actually follow them? I don't want to sound mean, but is there any way I can prevent someone from following me?

Also, 

Now that we got profile follows. No doubt there will be people that will act like Sub4subbers :|

Edited by Marty
Grammar correction. (Or spelling?)