Error Posting Topic?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I was trying to preview a topic I was making. It took a while to load the preview up. After 30 seconds of waiting, I got this message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/mineimat/public_html/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 4591

I have to admit, the topic was pretty long. Is there anyway to fix this glitch? Thanks.

-snippy snippy hole-

Look, If you don't have a beefy computer, you can't load incredibly long topics. If it takes longer than 30 seconds to load, then you might have done something weird.

What are your computer specs?

Look, If you don't have a beefy computer, you can't load incredibly long topics. If it takes longer than 30 seconds to load, then you might have done something weird.

What are your computer specs?

Lol. What's the specs again? :D

I'm at my computer properties at the moment.

In the php file, there is a limit (which can be changed) which is set to 30 seconds.
Basically, any script that is ran more then 30 seconds get dropped and terminated. (To stop memory leaks, waste of CPU etc)

You said this happens when trying to post a topic?
Well how is your internet speed? If your topic is taking more then 30 seconds to upload, something is going on.. :

Thus creating that error.

Only going off what I know though.
But It's server sided and/or client sided, nothing you can do really I guess, besides losing some data off the topic?

I guess it does have to do with connection, taking the size of the Forum-ing Guide which uses around 100 or so images, I waited for final edits around 5-10 seconds. Make sure to turn on the 'BBCode' show button (The button to the left of the Pink eraser) to copy and past it into a Notepad as a backup.

There should be a file where you keep your saved drafts of topics and posts because I don't have a computer of my own D:

wat .___.

topics and posts you make are saved on the webiste... if for whatever reason you wanna save what you wrote and not post it... just copy paste it to a text document...

I guess it does have to do with connection, taking the size of the Forum-ing Guide which uses around 100 or so images, I waited for final edits around 5-10 seconds. Make sure to turn on the 'BBCode' show button (The button to the left of the Pink eraser) to copy and past it into a Notepad as a backup.

That's what I did. (By the way, the topic I'm working on is as long as Forum-ing Guide. So it makes a lot of sence that this happens.)

Because I was bored, I decided to create a onomatopoeia type scenario sorta thing of what's happening.

When there is a 30 second limit:

Client: *Clicks post topic and sends a quick message to the server*

Client to server: "Hey Bro! You have a topic from <user> at <time>  coming in from <ip>!"
Server: "Ok man! I'm going to continuously check for this topic every second! :D"
Server: *Checks, no topic*
*30 seconds later*
Server to Client: "Sorry bro, I'm wasting CPU power and task processing waiting for you, and the php.ini file is limiting me to 30 seconds! gtg man"
Client: "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/mineimat/public_html/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 4591"

Without 30 second limit:

Client to server: "Hey Bro! You have a topic from <user> at <time>  coming in from <ip>!"
Server: "Ok man! I'm going to continuously check for this topic every second! :D"

*Another client tries to send data to server*
Server to second client: "Sorry man, wait a sec, Im dealing with another client"
*Server begins to pile up*
*Server gets memory leaks*

*server crashes from "Out of memory error"*

I was bored, and in my spare time, i thought of the above, so i decided to write it.
I hope it's easy to understand. :P

Because I was bored, I decided to create a onomatopoeia type scenario sorta thing of what's happening.

When there is a 30 second limit:

*30 seconds later*

Server to Client: "Sorry bro, I'm wasting CPU power and task processing waiting for you, and the php.ini file is limiting me to 30 seconds! gtg man"

Client: "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/mineimat/public_html/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 4591"

Without 30 second limit:

*Another client tries to send data to server*

Server to second client: "Sorry man, wait a sec, Im dealing with another client"

*Server begins to pile up*

*Server gets memory leaks*

*server crashes from "Out of memory error"*

I was bored, and in my spare time, i thought of the above, so i decided to write it.

I hope it's easy to understand. :P

Aww man! So there's no way getting around this. The post just has to be shorter.

Aww man! So there's no way getting around this. The post just has to be shorter.

Or, you send the BBCode of what you want to someone who can post longer topics, that way if you post a short topic and I can quickly paste the BBCode in and confirm the edit it'll be done.

Or, you send the BBCode of what you want to someone who can post longer topics, that way if you post a short topic and I can quickly paste the BBCode in and confirm the edit it'll be done.

The problem is that it won't be my post. Even if the guy gives me credit, he's going to get the reputation points.

For example, I put this in, not you

Edited by Ayhay
See?

The problem is that it won't be my post. Even if the guy gives me credit, he's going to get the reputation points.

Firstly, you misunderstood. Secondly, the rep is a bad reason in the first place, but I see what you mean.

Now let me explain this again:

When you post a topic, that is made by you. You are the origin. If you posted one line. I, as a Moderator am able to edit that post by you for any purpose. 

Practical use: If you post the topic with the title and blah blah, and just add one line of text, send me the BBCode, I can edit the topic and paste the BBCode in and click save. What does this do? Post the topic, you created and want. You get all the rep, I've just edited the post.

Now check your post again ;)

Firstly, you misunderstood. Secondly, the rep is a bad reason in the first place, but I see what you mean.

Now let me explain this again:

When you post a topic, that is made by you. You are the origin. If you posted one line. I, as a Moderator am able to edit that post by you for any purpose. 

Practical use: If you post the topic with the title and blah blah, and just add one line of text, send me the BBCode, I can edit the topic and paste the BBCode in and click save. What does this do? Post the topic, you created and want. You get all the rep, I've just edited the post.

Now check your post again ;)

Thanks! :)