Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Heavenira here!

The current rule of parenting something in Mine-imator isn't so sophisticated.

When parenting something, it'll attach its properties to position, rotation, and scale.

For example; let's say if I change the scale of a block to x2. All the objects attached to it will scale up by x2 as well.

In the following photo, you'll see a difference with the interface.

6EouWbz.png

The interface of the previous photo is the default one.

You'll see position, rotation, and scale with a parented symbol.

If you look at alpha and overlay, it will have an unattached parented symbol.

This means that if you change the parent's alpha or overlay, it will not affect the attached object.

So I was thinking that you can toggle these parent symbols next to the property you want.

This can help with the rigging glitch that you encounter when scaling something.

Here's most of the examples.

Alpha

True

zh3sopP.png

False

WAu35yX.png

Overlay

True

rRpFJ8I.png

False

NRg5Zvl.png

Position

True

WEGJV83.png

False

eY6jn1H.png

Rotation

True

Lm283gU.png

False

M3bD0bO.png

Scale

True

tnmL72B.png

False

ZE2KrmT.png

I hope you'll aprove of this suggestion! Don't forget to leave a comment!

This Would Help Me So Much

In what? Just asking.

Turning off Rotation and Position seem to defeat the purpose of using the parent feature, however I do like the rest of the ideas.

Turning both of them off will defeat the purpose. Having one of them off wouldn't hurt though.

That would be AWESOME, that might solve the problem where unparenting/parenting moves the object.

Maybe it will or maybe it won't. In fact, I actually know how that glitch is caused. When you parent an object, the default position will start from the parent. Let's say if you attach a new item to a character's right hand. The attached item will still be at 0, 0, 0. It's kind of like relative coordinates. When parenting an item, the default position will be from the host, but it'll still be in the same coordinate. Sorry if you don't follow, it's easier to explain using pictures. I tried my best though.

well if I cood select to do false only for 1 do you get it? im makeing a moble phone rig

Yes. You can do different combinations of parenting subjects.

The Glorious David, Are you adding this? Because It's a nice one!

BTW, Heaveniva, get ready, be famous? Maybe?

I hope! :)

yes

What could this mean...

IS THIS GETTING ADDED!!!???

Edited by Heavenira