Import GSLS Shader Mod Shaders

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

here let me rephrase your topic

Hey David

i have a suggestion for the Mine-imator.

It would be really cool if the possibility would exists to import other people's work into the MIne-imator.

I hope you like my idea.

Kind regards MinecrafterKid69

On 28/1/2016 at 10:21 PM, geotrax2001 said:

it is also pointless since this can be achieved with regular MI, plus some AE lens flares...

MI has fatal flaws in the render, such as unability to render depth of field throught transparency, this kills a lot of cinematic angles.

No way to add realistic water on there as well.

2 minutes ago, moniker said:

MI has fatal flaws in the render, such as unability to render depth of field throught transparency, this kills a lot of cinematic angles.

No way to add realistic water on there as well.

there are rigging for realistic waters, and as far as the lighting through transparacy goes, i donz have that issue. i just re-load the file, and it works.

1 minute ago, geotrax2001 said:

i think skibbz has one...

and i know @Keep on Chucking made one too...

not sure if their up for public download though...

But any pictures or something?

Anyway, what kills me the most is the depth of field throught transparency glitch, I mean you can't use depth of field when you have stuff like glass panes because they don't render depth of field through them so it looks off.. it's a big problem.

On 31/1/2016 at 3:00 PM, Astro Animations said:

Actually, yes, it is possible in vanilla Mine-imator, even I've done it.

show me pics or ideally a video? i mean sure, i've thought about for example adding a camera that acts as a mirror as the reflection and work from there, but it would be pretty cheap looking compared to an actual shader that moves simulating water

minecraft-wallpaper-680x382.jpg

1 hour ago, moniker said:

show me pics or ideally a video? i mean sure, i've thought about for example adding a camera that acts as a mirror as the reflection and work from there, but it would be pretty cheap looking compared to an actual shader that moves simulating water

minecraft-wallpaper-680x382.jpg

That's what I mean, a camera. Top SKIBBZ'z realistic water with a flat surface (with lowered alpha) and camera, and you're good to go. You can adjust the field of view for the camera so it gets all around the body of water, then shapes stretch over the water, which I think, in a way, is realistic-ish.

13 hours ago, Astro Animations said:

That's what I mean, a camera. Top SKIBBZ'z realistic water with a flat surface (with lowered alpha) and camera, and you're good to go. You can adjust the field of view for the camera so it gets all around the body of water, then shapes stretch over the water, which I think, in a way, is realistic-ish.

But the surface doesn't look like water moving, i mean it's better than nothing but nowhere close to actual water shaders that distort the image and move it in a way that feel like actual water moving.

7 minutes ago, Astro Animations said:

well don't complain, Mine-imator is what it is, if you're unsatisfied, use something that SATISFIES YOU.

Nah i'll deal with it and keep suggesting stuff that can be fixed to be fixed. There are no other animation software that satisfies me because it takes way too much time to learn.

Just now, moniker said:

Nah i'll deal with it and keep suggesting stuff that can be fixed to be fixed. There are no other animation software that satisfies me because it takes way too much time to learn.

exactly. so its either quality, or actually uploading something. that's the choice you have, and the choice I have. but it isn't possible to import GSLS shaders.

and it isn't possible to add that.

Well never say never. I remember in the early Minecraft days suggesting real time shadows and stuff and I got told that I was insane and such a java based game would never be able to do that.

So since Mineimator is now open source who knows how it will look like in 5 years.

Just now, moniker said:

Well never say never. I remember in the early Minecraft days suggesting real time shadows and stuff and I got told that I was insane and such a java based game would never be able to do that.

So since Mineimator is now open source who knows how it will look like in 5 years.

that's five years. as of now, it isn't possible for David, or anyone else, to add that feature.

Besides, David has stopped updating the program except for new mobs and whatnot that have been added to Minecraft. so yea. it never will get to the point where that is possible, or where its possible for modders to make it possible (if that makes sense :P).

Well, maybe someone can start a new project under a more solid engine than the gamemaker thing. I think there is an huge niche in making a Minecraft animation program that's easy to use (Mineimator type) + adding everything that Mineimator is lacking at an engine level (better rendering with eyecandy shaders, ragdolls, particles with actual physics, .scheme file's blocks being solids so particles collision with blocks in a realistic wall...) alll the juicy stuff from the more complicated programs while keeping it user friendly like Mineimator = instant success.

Edited by moniker

1 minute ago, moniker said:

Well, maybe someone can start a new project under a more solid engine than the gamemaker thing. I think there is an huge niche in making a Minecraft animation program that's easy to use (Mineimator type) + adding everything that Mineimator is lacking at an engine level (better rendering with eyecandy shaders, ragdolls, particles with actual physics, .scheme file's blocks being solids so particles collision with blocks in a realistic wall...) alll the juicy stuff from the more complicated programs while keeping it user friendly like Mineimator = instant success.

true, but not exactly instant, as that, if it does happen, will be a very long time from now.

Emphasis on the "if", as in order to make mine-imator in something other than gamemaker, they would literally have to go through all David went through from 0.1 to now, from the GROUND UP.

Also, is recreating HIS program he COPYRIGHTED really allowed?