Crash when I click on the texture option

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Im using this version:

http://www.stuffbydavid.com/dl/mi106noyyc.zip

because is the most stable and doesn't crash as much when importing/exporting stuff (even tho it still crashes a lot...)

anyway here is the crash:

mineimator_texture_error.png

of Draw Event
for object app:

DoConv :1: illegal array use
at gml_Script_menu_list_init
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_menu_list_init (line 0)
gml_Script_draw_button_menu
gml_Script_tab_frame_editor_texture
gml_Script_panel_draw_content
gml_Script_panel_draw
gml_Script_panel_area_draw
gml_Script_window_draw
gml_Script_app_event_draw
gml_Object_app_Draw_0

As you see, when I click there, it crashes. I can still change the texture if I go to Project properties -> library, but I can't change the textures on the fly with a keyframe because it crashes.

Luckily it doesn't crashes on mobs so I can change skins on the fly with keyframes but I would like to be able to change the textures of blocks and shematics with keyframes too.

@david any help?

Also any chances you can fix the import/exporting errors?

Edited by moniker

4 hours ago, Dr. Cuto said:

You need the latest version

That's not the latest version, that's a mod-- and it having it doesn't having anything to do with fixing the bug.

As for the crash; I'm positive that it's caused by the specific version of Mine-imator you have,(Not compiled with the YoYo Compiler(YYC), hence 'noyyc' being in the name.) because I can recreate the crash in a version of the community build that's not compiled with the YoYo Compiler.

Spoiler

c745454a73c9c8b29de91631a110df63.png

Only solution I know is to use the proper version of Mine-imator, and not the 'noyyc' version as it doesn't have that problem, but you have your reasons on why you can't use it.

Unfortunately, I have to use "noyyc" because the regular versions are even a bigger mess when importing and exporting objects, particle files etc.

It seems MI is abandoned so I don't expect anybody to fix anything anymore. Very sad.

Edited by moniker