Things that i dont get.

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

You know what i don't get. How people can be good or bad at animating. I mean everyone does the same thing. They select keyframes and move blocks. How can animations be bad or good?

Whether something is good or bad depends solely on the opinion of the viewer, so, without a viewer, everything is neutral.

I would like to bring an example in this conversation:

Cinema 4D is a program in which you can (with the rigs, of course) do more smooth animations, add a huge amount of cool effects - cause it is a huge program. One thing is that you can move the arms of the character directly by grabbing his hands - in Mine-Imator you have to move them indirectly by rotating and bending them by the controls. So its a bit difficult to let the movement look smooth.

Cinema 4D Example

BUT: In Mine-Imator you have also many options - moveable pupils, a custom mouth (by adding rigs) and so on. Of course it didn´t have the same quality and not as many options as in Cinema 4D, but - and that is the point - it is only a "small" program. It has that special minecraft flair, it is like minecraft. And that means: Every Mine-Imator creation, no matter if "good" or "bad", is a little part of the biggest movie ever; Minecraft - The Movie!

I´m talking too much, i think. Anyway, That´s my point.

Greetings,

Ciro

It all depends on how people make their animation want to flow. I prefer to use a lot of smoothing than keep things entirely linear, each though has it's pros and cons. However, I have also had past experience in animation. Any of you hear the program called Pivot?(Which at this point is a form of nostalgia to me.) It was a big thing back in 2005, and still does go strong. A lot of animators got their way on this program, and hey; you've got to start somewhere. It really taught me animation because of it's simple nature with complexity so able to be done. I'd watch some tutorials back then and learn more and more each day until I got very good with the program, then suddenly quit. Enough about my past history though, it's all about when you started animation. If someone had started earlier, then they are bound to have more experience in animation than someone who just now started the program.

In the end though, it doesn't matter if people are good with the program or not. Just give them help to get better is the best you can do (even some constructive criticism here and there), and one day you'll be a powerful animation expert.

It all depends on how people make their animation want to flow. I prefer to use a lot of smoothing than keep things entirely linear, each though has it's pros and cons. However, I have also had past experience in animation. Any of you hear the program called Pivot?(Which at this point is a form of nostalgia to me.) It was a big thing back in 2005, and still does go strong. A lot of animators got their way on this program, and hey; you've got to start somewhere. It really taught me animation because of it's simple nature with complexity so able to be done. I'd watch some tutorials back then and learn more and more each day until I got very good with the program, then suddenly quit. Enough about my past history though, it's all about when you started animation. If someone had started earlier, then they are bound to have more experience in animation than someone who just now started the program.

In the end though, it doesn't matter if people are good with the program or not. Just give them help to get better is the best you can do (even some constructive criticism here and there), and one day you'll be a powerful animation expert.

Wow. Even Wiser

i have that software!!!that awesome!!!

I would like to bring an example in this conversation:

Cinema 4D is a program in which you can (with the rigs, of course) do more smooth animations, add a huge amount of cool effects - cause it is a huge program. One thing is that you can move the arms of the character directly by grabbing his hands - in Mine-Imator you have to move them indirectly by rotating and bending them by the controls. So its a bit difficult to let the movement look smooth.

Cinema 4D Example

BUT: In Mine-Imator you have also many options - moveable pupils, a custom mouth (by adding rigs) and so on. Of course it didn´t have the same quality and not as many options as in Cinema 4D, but - and that is the point - it is only a "small" program. It has that special minecraft flair, it is like minecraft. And that means: Every Mine-Imator creation, no matter if "good" or "bad", is a little part of the biggest movie ever; Minecraft - The Movie!

I´m talking too much, i think. Anyway, That´s my point.

Greetings,

Ciro

I Agree but there's one thing the Timeline is't Compact as Blender, Cinema 4D Etc, But Mine-imator Only Do Frame by Frame

I Wish David Put Like a Two Version on the Timeline one the Original and Blender and Cinema Timeline Version

Or CasmicStudio Asking Putting Folder's, Well Thats Great idea! But I Wish David Put it Customizable and it can Put as Much Folder as it Desire

So Compact Timeline and No Messy Timeline

Maybe i upload An Example Tomorrow

ok so mine-imator isn't the most advanced program ever for animating, and that's the point of it. Its a simple but a very easy-to-use program that anyone really could use. Now to your question, what makes animations good or bad? not only is it the viewer that has the decision, there is many factors to what would make your animation a lot BETTER than your friend, or brother, or sister. One factor is how smooth you make the movements of your character, another is the story of your animation, another is the setting and the proper emotions of each character (if your using a facial rig). I hope this helped you on your quest to find what makes an animation good or bad :)