My first animation

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello, there.

So, this is my first post... And with it I want to show you my first ever animation. Yes, I am completely new to mine-imator, so expect some issues!

Anyway, hope you enjoy! (And before anyone says anything, it's intentionally only one camera angle.)

So, can anyone give me feedback on this? What to improve, What I'm doing right, What I'm doing wrong, etc.

Also, pls no comments on the scenery. I know I should have made it not flat... Well, my mistake!

(All rigs have been credited in the video's description)

Feedback pls. 

Oh, also, can someone tell me what's up with the blood? The blood was red originally but in the final render it came out really weird.

Edited by phoenixbasher
Put the video

Thanks everyone!

This is my first. I mean it.

I practiced for about an hour, doing absolutely random things like walk cycles and making steve wave (and be split into pieces shortly after, but yeah). After I got the hang of it, I quit fooling around and got to my first animation. This is my first. Honest! Anyway, thanks again to everyone (including anonymous. Him saying this ain't my first is basically a compliment to it :D )

3 hours ago, phoenixbasher said:

Thanks everyone!

This is my first. I mean it.

I practiced for about an hour, doing absolutely random things like walk cycles and making steve wave (and be split into pieces shortly after, but yeah). After I got the hang of it, I quit fooling around and got to my first animation. This is my first. Honest! Anyway, thanks again to everyone (including anonymous. Him saying this ain't my first is basically a compliment to it :D )

Aren't those random things were your first animations?

No, actually. By "random things" I mean moving steve around, seeing how mine-imator works, seeing how to use the bend feature, how to change colors/backgrounds and basically goofed around. I didn't actually animate.

Also thanks everybody! But, really, what should I improve?

5 minutes ago, phoenixbasher said:

No, actually. By "random things" I mean moving steve around, seeing how mine-imator works, seeing how to use the bend feature, how to change colors/backgrounds and basically goofed around. I didn't actually animate.

For starters, you should always add scenery if its gonna be an official animation.

Lighting could use some work.

Smooth out the movement a bit more (You can find tutorials in Youtube about Mine-imator)

Work on the walking cycle.

Posing needs to be worked on.

Try to do less clipping (of course it does not matter when your holding a weapon or an arrow or object goes through a body)

Make sure the punches land on the surface of the object or human so it looks like he/she does not use the force (unless that's what your going for)

Make sure you use transitions next time as it would help :thumbsup:

Also add more sounds to.

This is decent for a first animation, I hope this will help you.

4 hours ago, phoenixbasher said:

Add camera, better blood, place a schemetic and better movements.