Teach me how to make this better :/

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

If your character has the same abilities as Uchiha Sasuke you should open the spoiler, if not, just ignore it.

Spoiler

Well, by the way you lit his Sharingan, it looks like his eyes are derped out, on the sharingan eye, the right pixel is the pupil, on the other eye the left pixel is the pupil, so next time you should switch them up

Also, instead of raising his hand to summon the horse, make it more like the summoning jutsu where he bites his hand, marks his other hand's palm with the blood, and puts his hand with the blood on the ground like in the show.

when he turns around to look at the guard (0:51), his head does an almost full 180 degree turn, to make it more realistic, make his body move in that direction aswell, but not too much.

i'm not sure how it works but usually the eyebrows' color fits the hair color of the person, so if your character has black hair, the eyebrows should be black aswell.

I'm not trying to hate or anything, i'm just giving you some advice :)

sorry if i offended you somehow though...

Edited by Shane
MINOY NIMYOY

A 4 minute animation thats actually pretty decent from a completely newbie on the forums?! HOW.

But having some basic understanding of pacing and cinematography would be a start to make the animation better.

Also upgrading your mineimator so you don't have the watermark in the corner. Its free.

Alright, here's my advice.

Although this animation is very good for a newbie to these forums, you've nowhere near reached the top of your potential! You've got some great things ahead of you :thumbsup:

As for some tips, try making sure that every movement has a follow-through. I specifically noticed a lack of this in your walk, because the body didn't twist and the arms didn't swing. Also, ease some of your movements more. When some body part goes to a complete stop, make sure the stop is just a little bit smooth. 

Other than that just get rid of the watermark and practice your general movements and physicality. I suggest setting up a camera and recording yourself do some movements and try to replicate them in 3D animation. That will give you tons of practice and you'll get better in no time!