"restart particles before rendering" and "destroy particles when they stop moving"

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

"restart particles before rendering": This would guarantee that the particles aren't lying on the floor and they are generated by the keyframe. Like, you have a wall that explodes and you add some particles so it looks cooler, but you forget to destroy them, so you render the animation and didn't realize the particles where on the floor. To get rid of particles im doing something which is very annoying, I set "at time after spawn" and set it to "1" second. I have to do this on every single particle generator before rendering to guarantee there aren't particles on the floor, this is annoying.

"destroy particles when they stop moving": This is what "when animation ends" should be doing, and I don't really know what "when animation ends" does, but the particles should be destroyed when there is no more movement on them. When im trying to create a good particle effect im interested in seeing how they move to fine tune the trajectory, so once they stop moving, I need them to disapear so my computer doesn't start lagging due to many blocks. Since "when animation ends" im requesting this, and meanwhile im clicking "at time after spawn" and set it to "1" then disabling again to get rid of them which is very time consuming and annoying.

Please David fine tune how particles are managued so the work flow gets improved, i hope those tips help.

I forgot another additional option: A keyframe to remove the particles. Instead of "at time after spawn", just give us a way to set a keyframe that will delete those particles.

Hidding the particles doesn't work because they are still loaded in the memory, and the point of all of this is to unload stuff from memory so you get a higher framerate when working.

16 minutes ago, Mafa Animations said:

i actually wanted the particles to move frame by frame

You could do that already manually, which is what you want I think...

7 minutes ago, moniker said:

I forgot another additional option: A keyframe to remove the particles. Instead of "at time after spawn", just give us a way to set a keyframe that will delete those particles.

Hidding the particles doesn't work because they are still loaded in the memory, and the point of all of this is to unload stuff from memory so you get a higher framerate when working.

I'm sure you've tested this, which is why you're asking, but I'm not sure how big of a problem this is. You can't just stop the particles from spawning up until it's time for them to show? If you go the main Properties in the Timeline (not in the Library), you can choose whether or not it's supposed to be spawning particles. That doesn't help?  :| 

1 hour ago, David said:

Pressing C will clear all particles. That should accomplish all your three points.

Wow thats amazing, i pressed C and my animation was again smooth, there must have been particles somewhere that I forgot. Nice tip. Ima gonna be pressing C a lot from now on.

But for stuff that's always spawning particles forever, like for example fire that's spawning a constant stream of smoke for entire animation, it would be cool that when you set this keyframe to non visible it isn't loaded in the memory. In this case C doesn't work as it's always spawning, and im not interested in this taking resources out of my computer unless im working on that scene where this particle generator is visible. Hope this make sense.

Edited by moniker