Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello, lads! I come back from the dead, with an animation

As you can see, it's just a really early animation test, involving portals. I'm gonna create a portal series. You can see there's no background, and the map looks pretty basic in comparison with my early photos.

I'been trying to improve my animation and i think the animation is pretty good. Yes, the portal gun is supposed to move like that; in portal the portal gun kind of flies around when you move your mouse, so it's a little joke ;).

This is not the final version, however. I'm new to animating and video editing. There should be portal sounds.

Anyways, thanks for reading and enjoy this rough test. If you like it, i may create more! :D

other then the (I assume you used transitions) transitions, it looks really good.

1 minute ago, willingsas said:

Yes, about the movement, i tried to replicate portal gun movements wich look very jumpy :D  But i agree, i should improve a little more the animation.

other then the (I assume you used transitions) transitions, it looks really good.

sorry for the double post. i'm using a crappy hotel internet, so I'm lagging.

What I can see is that the camera has an ease in and out transition for every single keyframe. The bad thing about this is that at the start and end of every keyframe it goes to a complete stop before starting to move again.

Otherwise, it looks good, but I may also suggest turning up the camera's FOV to something closer to 80.

6 hours ago, Joshinja ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ) said:

What I can see is that the camera has an ease in and out transition for every single keyframe. The bad thing about this is that at the start and end of every keyframe it goes to a complete stop before starting to move again.

Otherwise, it looks good, but I may also suggest turning up the camera's FOV to something closer to 80.

There's FOV? Because i hate that it looks like that. Also, thanks for the suggestion! I'll try and make the animation somewhat smoother. (Though i think it looks really decent like this, considering Portal 1 & 2 does move like that.)

Edited by willingsas