I am a noob

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

12 answers to this question

You download an animation program(mineimator is a good one) and you install it, then you go to youtube and type in "mineimator tutorial" and find a tutorial that you like. Word of warning though, animation takes a long time. For me it took me about a half an hour or more to make a 15 second animation.

Wowza. You guys(Not Amethyst_Dragon) are so warm and welcoming. At least provide links.

Basically, if you know nothing of animating, you have to have something to tell what to be where when you want. That's what the timeline is for. You can make things by clicking the crafting box at the top. Once you create something, you can double click it or move it slightly. This makes a keyframe for you, which stores all the important information you need. You can click and drag a little timeline marker forward a few frames, and then click your object and move it. Press the spacebar, and you've made an animation. A real animation includes thousands of keyframes, usually the more the better. 

Anyways, welcome to Mine-imator! Where hopefully help is easier to find!

Edited by jimbo
New info

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Wowza. You guys(Not Amethyst_Dragon) are so warm and welcoming. At least provide links.

Basically, if you know nothing of animating, you have to have something to tell what to be where when you want. That's what the timeline is for. You can make things by clicking the crafting box at the top. Once you create something, you can double click it or move it slightly. This makes a keyframe for you, which stores all the important information you need. You can click and drag a little timeline marker forward a few frames, and then click your object and move it. Press the spacebar, and you've made an animation. A real animation includes thousands of keyframes, usually the more the better. 

Anyways, welcome to Mine-imator! Where hopefully help is easier to find!

It isn't working for some reason. I think it's because I have demo 1.0.0 :|

nope.

4 minutes ago, LilacPetalz said:

It isn't working for some reason. I think it's because I have demo 1.0.0 :|

Start with, let's say a Human. Select a body part and move it. move to the 5 on the time line. move it again.

Timeline goes this way: ----------------------->

Library goes

|
|
|
|

v

Edited by SlimeNation Animations

1 minute ago, SlimeNation Animations said:

nope.

Start with, let's say a Human. Select a body part and move it. move to the 5 on the time line. move it again.

I mean, how do you get into the animation interface? I took classes before, but I didn't have to open the prodject; it was already opened.

On 11/19/2015, 9:12:42, LilacPetalz said:

I mean, how do you get into the animation interface? I took classes before, but I didn't have to open the prodject; it was already opened.

Animation interface? You mean like a timeline? 

Do you have a Gmail? I can show you the ropes if you want.