Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

A new weapon's pack I created. It currently includes a broadsword, a battle axe, and a mace. There are two textures for them. One is without blood, and the other has blood. Both are included in the .mproj file.

ENnEb6L.png?1

GtYN05D.png

Not sure what is with the halo around the sword in the screenshots. It may be a texturing issue that I can try and fix later.

This pack includes a broadsword, a battle axe, and a mace. The blades have the appearance of being sharp.

I was going to make an animated presentation, but I have a paid design project I'm working on currently and simply don't have the time.

Please credit me and link to this forum thread if you use these. It would be greatly appreciated.

Comments and criticisms are welcome. I can add an update to this if I get enough interest and likes.

An update might include:

- Higher definition textures

- More detail

- More weapons

- Armor

- Any other suggestions I might get

Enjoy!

Download

:facepalm:  I hate it when people say that.

FYI, you're paper-thin weapons wouldn't be let anywhere near a serious project. Maybe if they were thicker...  :| 

(Seriously, they're just textures...)

The blades are textures to simulate sharpness. The rest are 3d. I think it works. <shrug>

It would be preferable if the weapons came pre-constructed.

They should be. Let me check the file.

Edit: The file opens with all 3 constructed for me. I used the download link file to be sure.

Edited by ImmersiveGaming
update

:facepalm:  I hate it when people say that.

FYI, you're paper-thin weapons wouldn't be let anywhere near a serious project. Maybe if they were thicker...  :| 

(Seriously, they're just textures...)

I'd use them in a serious project. Your argument is invalid.

They're rather well done, actually.

You'd have to be able to make a serious project in order for that statement to have any value, and frankly, I don't know if you are.  xD 

Oooo stooping to insults, real mature.

I give him a couple months before he gets banned.

Anyway, once the rigs are pre-built, I'll take to using them often.

Oooo stooping to insults, real mature.

I give him a couple months before he gets banned.

Anyway, once the rigs are pre-built, I'll take to using them often.

Pfff. You're the one who thought a random guy off the street could say, "I'd use that rocket ship design on one of my epic trips to the moon," when, in fact, he has made none. 

And when I said that last bit there, I actually didn't know how you animate. You don't post much more than wallpapers...  :3

(Pointing out faulty logic counts as an insult these days, fellas. The things kiddies can antagonize...)

There's a no blood version of the textures in the file :)

That's extremely thoughtful. 

Oh yeah, what I meant up there is that textures have a nature of being decoration, not full on focal items. Textures are great for surfaces and backgrounds, but I'm annoyed when something important and physical is represented by a .png file. Does that make sense?  :3 

Like, you could put some trees or a cool town texture in the background to suggest more environment:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fPBMdHeI21Y/UNMLUfzacqI/AAAAAAAAIak/eRVyiSbaV7o/s1600/hotel-transylvania-concept-art-environment-a06-Town1_4Web.jpg

Or even the blades of a fan could be textures, since a fan is really just a prop, but something like a sword or another weapon is way more than just a prop... If that makes sense...  :|  

Edited by Emanatronic

That's extremely thoughtful. 

Oh yeah, what I meant up there is that textures have a nature of being decoration, not full on focal items. Textures are great for surfaces and backgrounds, but I'm annoyed when something important and physical is represented by a .png file. Does that make sense?  :3 

Like, you could put some trees or a cool town texture in the background to suggest more environment:

Hidden Content

Or even the blades of a fan could be textures, since a fan is really just a prop, but something like a sword or another weapon is way more than just a prop... If that makes sense...  :|  

Thanks again for the feedback. I can agree and disagree with you. If I would have made the entire thing just an image, it would have looked horrible. Any view of the bladed weapons that is not exactly from the side however, causes no loss in the illusion of being 3d since it's only the blades that are flat. You can even see in the first screenshot that the sword looks really nice and has the illusion of being 3d -and- sharp, which is the effect I was aiming for.

Also keep in mind that I am experimenting. I've been using Mine-imator for a total of like 2 weeks now and this is only my third rig.

Untitled_1.png

Untitled_2.png

Untitled_3.png

Untitled_4.png

Thanks again for the feedback. I can agree and disagree with you. If I would have made the entire thing just an image, it would have looked horrible. Any view of the bladed weapons that is not exactly from the side however, causes no loss in the illusion of being 3d since it's only the blades that are flat. You can even see in the first screenshot that the sword looks really nice and has the illusion of being 3d -and- sharp, which is the effect I was aiming for.

Also keep in mind that I am experimenting. I've been using Mine-imator for a total of like 2 weeks now and this is only my third rig.

Hidden Content

:o  Get outta here!

You must have tons of experience with other software.  xD 

Yeah, I forgot to mention that a lot of the parts of the weapon are 3D. I just never felt comfortable around focal textures.  ;)