Group Workin' Thingy

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hi everybody,

So this is a suggestion, and I don't know if there is such a thing on mine-imator yet, but I have not seen it if there is. So, I was wondering, is there some sort of way that, like, me and my cousin could work on the same project, at the same time, using different computers, and connected by a USB cable or online? If this got added to Mine-Imator that would be great. And also, could someone make the "Made with Mine-Imator" thingy at the end of "meet the gyro" or whatever it was, could someone make that available for free download so I could put it at the end of all my animations? That would be awesome. Thanks for taking time to read this.

TJs3

over and out

Using a Dropbox folder with a copy of Mine-imator and give the folder link to people. I do this for joint animations and it works surprisingly well. But there are limits:

• You cannot work together in realtime. When you save a file, it is updated, but the changes aren't made in a way you can see right away. When a change is made by someone, simply reload the project. So active communication helps super well for this kind of thing.
  • Projects can be overridden on accident if someone makes a change without telling you. So have auto-backup on just in case.

And here are the benefits:

• Projects can be done super quickly if people work together on it.
  • Resources can be shared in the dropbox copy of Mine-imator, which can be saved to your computer.
  • Super simple to use. A very user-friendly idea.
  • Hands-on Access to projects allows for simple changes by other people in a really short amount of time.

If you wish to inquire more, I can make a short tutorial about it.

Edited by ÜberKiller