Locking system?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey there

I know the mods get annoyed when topics which are 2 months old (or more) are bumped up, so what if there was a system which automagically locked topics which were 2 months old?

BUT ZILTEN!!! WHAT IF THE OWNER WANTS TO UPDATE THE TOPIC!

Well, they can just inform a mod through the use of the "report this post" function and it will be swiftly unlocked for updating, thus renewing the topic for another 2 months.

Ciao.

You know, that would just become more annoying for moderators and stuff if they're getting PMs to unlock topics that "magically" locked themselves.

People can see the report button, and they know to click it when a topic is bumped.

Plus someone might have a vital question for that topic (possibly a rig), and rather than a PM, more people can help and see for themselves.

Sorry, but I really don't see it :/

Plus someone might have a vital question for that topic (possibly a rig), and rather than a PM, more people can help and see for themselves.

Thats still against the rules.

Thats still against the rules.

Not strictly:

• Do not revive dead topics

A topic is "dead" if the latest reply is more than 2 months old. Rather than bumping them to the top, start a new topic. You may revive your own topics, as long as you add new information.

I think you're still allowed to do so.

On my topic someone bumped it and asked a question - they weren't reported/removed.

What I think would be nice is if topic creators had the option to lock their own topics. I can see the exploits, but members can take charge if things get out of hand in their domain too, I think we should be able to let old topics die or prevent flame or further discussion on topics that aren't necessarily breaking any rules.