[EDIT] 4 Things I Really Want

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello Mine-imators.  I have 3 suggestions that I really want added into the next Mine-imator update.  Give your opinions :)

Shakey Camera option:

One of my suggestions is the shaking camer option, that you can change on keyframes.  Like SFM,  you would have the option to change speed for the shaking and the amount of the shaking.  The more shake speed, the more faster it gets.  The more shake amount, the bigger the movements get.  This would be really useful for cinematic animations, with a slow, decent amount of shake. 

Motion Blur:

Yes I know this is suggested a lot, but if it's possible it should be added.  It should only be only shown on render, and it should also be an option to turn it on or not.  Motion blur makes your animation a little better, and it's really useful too.

Sharp & Crisp Shadows:

You can already do this by setting the shadow size to 0, and make the sunlight range around 500.  But there is a problem with doing this.  Basically,  sunlight range is a radius, and what ever is inside the radius will cast shadows.  However, things outside the radius will not cast shadows, and that's the problem.  I want sharp shadows to be an option.

Render Image with Transparent Background

This is really useful for some kind of TF2 sprays or something.  So basically, having this option turned on will only render the created objects.  The baseplate (grass floor), and the sky will be transparent.  This should really be added because if you tried using the green screen thingy instead of rendering as a transparent background, deleting the green color will leave some color around the objects due to AA (anti aliasing).  Like this:  

1kxqnN0.png

Also, I might update this post to add some stuff

Edited by iSheep

You can accomplish motion blur in some video editing programs.

Sharp and crisp shadows would be nice but would require a rewrite of the shadows we currently have. We should actually have more options with the sunlight tool. Where we can adjust the origin and the range.

And shaky camera would be great. In fact, more camera effects like what SFM has would be perfect.

You can already do a blur by blurring the camera...

That's not motion blur at all. That's depth of field. It produces a different effect. It looks like this when done right.

You can already do a blur by blurring the camera...

You don't even know what motion blur is

You can accomplish motion blur in some video editing programs.

Sharp and crisp shadows would be nice but would require a rewrite of the shadows we currently have. We should actually have more options with the sunlight tool. Where we can adjust the origin and the range.

And shaky camera would be great. In fact, more camera effects like what SFM has would be perfect.

That's not motion blur at all. That's depth of field. It produces a different effect. It looks like this when done right.

Usually, video editing programs cost money.  What if you don't want to pay for video editing programs?

You don't even know what motion blur is

Usually, video editing programs cost money.  What if you don't want to pay for video editing programs?

Trials. Or that other thing... you know the illegal one.

Free?  Not cracked?  Not that "illegal thing"?

Give me an example of trails

I might recommend getting Adobe Creative Cloud with a student discount. Only $20 per month for just about every program you need and some you don't.

Render Image with Transparent Background

This is really useful for some kind of TF2 sprays or something.  So basically, having this option turned on will only render the created objects.  The baseplate (grass floor), and the sky will be transparent.  This should really be added because if you tried using the green screen thingy instead of rendering as a transparent background, deleting the green color will leave some color around the objects due to AA (anti aliasing).  Like this:  

1kxqnN0.png

This would be really useful for my custom thumbnails. I don't want to spend my time removing excess stuff from one of the layers.

Free? Not cracked? Not that "illegal thing"?

Nope, it's in a legally grey area but you can download it completely free in the Adobe site. It says it's illegal but it isn't because it's their fault if they put it up for free