What Is The Difference?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

When people make Minecraft animations, the most common software to use is Cinema4D, Blender, Autodesk Maya, or Mine-imator. However, every time an animation is made using any software besides Mineimator, it just looks different and has a different feel. It looks better and possibly smoother. Is it the ambient occlusion? The spline movements? I would really like an answer.

It's the different effects that make it look better and it looks smoother because the animator is better.

It's just that these programs use superior technologies than Mine-Imator. Everything together makes them look how they look, there is no 1 and only thing that makes them look better

What I mean is I have never seen a Mineimator animation as good as any animation that a half decent animator in other programs would make.

Maya/Blender/C4D is a lot more advance then Mine-imator, mine-imator was created to be easy and it is much more easier then Maya/Blender/C4D, and it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

and usually the people that i suppose you are watching are famous youtubers that use maya/blender/c4d, they are usually older then us that use mine-imator, and probably used maya/blender/c4d more then us, when you see a mine-imator animation, its usually not as good as those animations, and here's the reason why.

1. Mine-imator animations you look at are probably poor, like Willcraft (sorry willcraft) usually ""famous"" mine-imator animators aren't as good at it, but they are entertaining to watch even how poorly made they are, but i promise you, there are good mine-imator animators out there, (Yuricraft,SKIBBZ,Effusion,Redcap,ironwave studios,Quartz and StarMiner) they are really good at animating, but they aren't as much viewed as those that doesn't know really how to animate as good. (there are probably A LOT more people that are good at animating, but aren't as much viewed.)

2. Mine-imator is a easy program, therefore, it dose not have as many functions, and can't do as much as maya,blender or c4d.

3. Kids that wants to animate usually goes here, since it's free and much easier for kids to learn, but they aren't as pro as does big animators

Maya/Blender/C4D is a lot more advance then Mine-imator, mine-imator was created to be easy and it is much more easier then Maya/Blender/C4D, and it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

and usually the people that i suppose you are watching are famous youtubers that use maya/blender/c4d, they are usually older then us that use mine-imator, and probably used maya/blender/c4d more then us, when you see a mine-imator animation, its usually not as good as those animations, and here's the reason why.

1. Mine-imator animations you look at are probably poor, like Willcraft (sorry willcraft) usually ""famous"" mine-imator animators aren't as good at it, but they are entertaining to watch even how poorly made they are, but i promise you, there are good mine-imator animators out there, (Yuricraft,SKIBBZ,Effusion,Redcap,ironwave studios,Quartz and StarMiner) they are really good at animating, but they aren't as much viewed as those that doesn't know really how to animate as good. (there are probably A LOT more people that are good at animating, but aren't as much viewed.)

2. Mine-imator is a easy program, therefore, it dose not have as many functions, and can't do as much as maya,blender or c4d.

3. Kids that wants to animate usually goes here, since it's free and much easier for kids to learn, but they aren't as pro as does big animators

hey, I like steve lycinidales animations! He's good and popular

Here's why, no animation software is better, but the animators are more pro that use certain animation software

The majority of MI animations _are_ bad, but those are quickly becoming overpopulated

There aren't enough really good big animators out there, the only one I know of is Lycinidale, and smaller channels like Ani Mal or Skibbz are better than him in many ways

Lighting still looks diffrent (People have a fix for this now (check out redcap creations)

Not enough of the animators know AE or Sonyvegas or Premiere pro, or any profesional video editor, infact most only know Movemaker/Imovie. This gives most Maya,C4D, and Blender animators an advantage in making the animation look beutiful.

hey, I like steve lycinidales animations! He's good and popular

Here's why, no animation software is better, but the animators are more pro that use certain animation software

The majority of MI animations _are_ bad, but those are quickly becoming overpopulated

There aren't enough really good big animators out there, the only one I know of is Lycinidale, and smaller channels like Ani Mal or Skibbz are better than him in many ways

Lighting still looks diffrent (People have a fix for this now (check out redcap creations)

Not enough of the animators know AE or Sonyvegas or Premiere pro, or any profesional video editor, infact most only know Movemaker/Imovie. This gives most Maya,C4D, and Blender animators an advantage in making the animation look beutiful.

Alright. I do watch Steve Lycindale, Redcap, GasCreeper, but the only animations on my opinion that can be compared to more professional programs are Ani mal's. I first found him when he had 100 or so subs, and he is quite amazing. I do have Premiere Pro and I could try to get After Effects, but this just adds effects but doesn't have the smoothness of animation in other programs. Thanks for the replies, and I may not be a very good animator, but I will attempt to do some smooth animation.

Alright. I do watch Steve Lycindale, Redcap, GasCreeper, but the only animations on my opinion that can be compared to more professional programs are Ani mal's. I first found him when he had 100 or so subs, and he is quite amazing. I do have Premiere Pro and I could try to get After Effects, but this just adds effects but doesn't have the smoothness of animation in other programs. Thanks for the replies, and I may not be a very good animator, but I will attempt to do some smooth animation.

motion blurs. + use transitions besides Linear, ease in, and ease out, oh and I discovered ani mal at 90 subs, he only has 28,000 because of fad animations

The problem is that, Yes I am gonna say it YOU CAN MAKE MINE IMATOR ANIMATIONS LOOK AS GOOD AS THOSE PROFFESIONALS.

I mean besides the extra functions, What is the main similarity beside Mine Imator and all the advanced programs.

They. All. Are. Used. To. Animate.

Mine Imator is not used properly and not utilized to it's fullest extent, I know that Mine Imator is capable of some

smooth, creamy delicious movement, But people are underestimating it so much.

The problem is that, Yes I am gonna say it YOU CAN MAKE MINE IMATOR ANIMATIONS LOOK AS GOOD AS THOSE PROFFESIONALS.

I mean besides the extra functions, What is the main similarity beside Mine Imator and all the advanced programs.

They. All. Are. Used. To. Animate.

Mine Imator is not used properly and not utilized to it's fullest extent, I know that Mine Imator is capable of some

smooth, creamy delicious movement, But people are underestimating it so much.

You have very good grammarz. No offense. But I do get your point.

On Topic:

1. Most animators have been animating for years, and when they make an animation they spend months on it. Now all of us really want to bypass mistakes, so we throw the end product out without making corrections.

2. These animations take dedication. Like I said, if we spend a long time on these animations, we will want to get it out as soon as possible. And not a lot of us like to do our research.

3. No offense, but the majority of animators are "newbies." They spend, oh, let's say, 1-2 hours on a 30-second animation, and the end product turns up bad. Then they turn into Mine-imator haters for the rest of their life, then they want to buy Maya/Cinema4D, then they complain that they wasted their time in whatever because their animation turned out bad, and it's like an endless cycle: You keep on wanting more and more and more until you've gotten everything yet you hate it.

It's not the software that's great, it's how you use it to create things.

It all depends on how dedicated you are to an animation. I can get an animation to look very VERY darn close to a cinema 4D if I try hard enough, (which usually involves 50+ point lights and spotlights, all situated in the exact place, and getting 1 frame per second on HD mode) it's definitely doable. And then there are the hours spent in AE and Premiere to get that color correction and glow juuust right....

And even with all of that, I feel like I still haven't pushed Mine-Imator quite to its limits... (BUT I'VE GOTTEN EXTREMELY CLOSE! p.s. my next animation is what I'm referring to...)

So, all in all, I say there doesn't have to be a difference. You just have to be dedicated enough to make it happen. (which I am still working toward)

It all depends on how dedicated you are to an animation. I can get an animation to look very VERY darn close to a cinema 4D if I try hard enough, (which usually involves 50+ point lights and spotlights, all situated in the exact place, and getting 1 frame per second on HD mode) it's definitely doable. And then there are the hours spent in AE and Premiere to get that color correction and glow juuust right....

And even with all of that, I feel like I still haven't pushed Mine-Imator quite to its limits... (BUT I'VE GOTTEN EXTREMELY CLOSE! p.s. my next animation is what I'm referring to...)

So, all in all, I say there doesn't have to be a difference. You just have to be dedicated enough to make it happen. (which I am still working toward)

I APPROVE THIS STUFF.YOU GONNA BE AMAZZEEEEEEEED WHEN U SEE NEW STUFF FROM THIS GUY

You have very good grammarz. No offense. But I do get your point.

On Topic:

1. Most animators have been animating for years, and when they make an animation they spend months on it. Now all of us really want to bypass mistakes, so we throw the end product out without making corrections.

2. These animations take dedication. Like I said, if we spend a long time on these animations, we will want to get it out as soon as possible. And not a lot of us like to do our research.

3. No offense, but the majority of animators are "newbies." They spend, oh, let's say, 1-2 hours on a 30-second animation, and the end product turns up bad. Then they turn into Mine-imator haters for the rest of their life, then they want to buy Maya/Cinema4D, then they complain that they wasted their time in whatever because their animation turned out bad, and it's like an endless cycle: You keep on wanting more and more and more until you've gotten everything yet you hate it.

It's not the software that's great, it's how you use it to create things.

I agree completely with you two. If you are inspired and take your time then an animation, no matter what program, will be good. Now, programs have special extras like Maya with Shape Morphs, , Blender with F-Curves or Cinema4D's special rendering that can help produce a better animation in terms of quality and such.But otherwise dedication and time is key.

Edited by Terabanic