Gravity and "Cloth" Objects (Physics)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

You know how Cinema4D and Maya have a physics engine? I believe I have an idea that could work for mine-imator.

Gravity Object:

-An object that creates a specific amount of "force" at a certain keyframe. Any cloth objects would move away (or towards if set to negative) from the object.

-Edit range, force, shape, and duration of pulse.

-Can be attached to a block or item.

Cloth Objects (as an option in the keyframe tab):

-Basically physics. Interacts with other objects (not necessarily cloth physics, just an object that moves realistically)

-Edit deformity (rigidity), weight, force to move, bounce, and whether or not it has actual cloth properties.

-Characters have a ragdoll option.

Obviously, cloth objects could also be moved by collisions with other objects, like a player punching a tree.

Physics would be by-keyframe, so you could have a character move, them become ragdoll when it dies.

One issue I see is having to then re-animate the object, which might end up in a different place each time. Keyframes would get all weird. Solution: animate the physics for what you need to animate later.

Yes, mine-imator is made in gamemaker. Gamemaker can do movement, can't it?

Its basically a really really advanced version of particles. PArticles are in mine-imater, aren't they?

Just saying.

BTW when I say cloth, I mean any object that obeys physics. Not actual cloth physics.

Yes, mine-imator is made in gamemaker. Gamemaker can do movement, can't it?

Its basically a really really advanced version of particles. PArticles are in mine-imater, aren't they?

Just saying.

BTW when I say cloth, I mean any object that obeys physics. Not actual cloth physics.

Uhh.. not really.

I would just like to mention that game maker does not support advanced physics.

Particles are, by my guess, made by the pre-built particle system of gamemaker or coded by david.

Cloth physics aint gonna happen.

actually by my small usage of game maker with enough effort with coding it is actually possible to do so.