Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

For Administrators

The post will affect only the processing of the images. And I'm not sure whether correctly I chose the topic. If the subject here is not the place, please move this topic to the desired section.

Below this post are lesson-Program Paint.net. I use Paint.net 3.5.10. Newer versions should not differ by function. For the older versions will not respond.

As will be discussed in these lessons? Initially, I will discuss all the methods that are used for images, such as shadows, blood, magic and light effects.

I have to say that all the inscriptions in the picture will be in Russian. They are for illustrative purposes. Location in the English language will be specified in the text. If the text are translated incorrectly, please unsubscribe here, so I fixed this.

It is necessary to find the right filter 3, which will be used
Effects> For photos> Portrait
UOYF9Su.png
Effects> Distort> Dents
10Ifb7p.png
Effects> Blur> Gaussian Blur

74nSkB3.png

In 90% of cases will only use these filters.

Each subsequent lesson will write a separate post, leaving a link to it from the previous one, so as not to score the first message.

Ok, let's start the lesson.

1 lesson:
Filter "portrait" and blackout.

Let's take a picture with which we work.
QVNf1ud.png

Think before processing should look like the picture? Scary, funny, or just come to life.
Let's start with the filter 'Portrait'

K1nSLfB.jpg

There are three sliders. "Mitigation" "Illumination," "Heat"
For images where you need only to increase the contrast of the picture, and a little to revive it, is to put the "Brightness" and "Heat," to the maximum. Mitigating remove the minimum. Then will come out like this:
uNHpP2v.png

Our image is more vivid. Colors are brighter. Mitigation is best used if the pictures are any internal sense to give the epic picture. It is best to put no more than five. But I do not forbid you to experiment with this.
And so, back to the picture. We made her colors more vivid and colorful picture given life. But now I want that picture became a little darker, but has not lost its contrast.
Create a new layer and fill it with black. Next open the properties of the layer by double clicking on it.
rYU4ZBP.png

The menu appears. From here we only need two graphs. "Mode" and "Opacity"
To darken / lightening can make good use of Mode:
"Reflection"
hulsk4v.png

It should be used if we need just a little bit darker picture. It is applied over the paint layer, making everything a little darker color.

"Glow"
LjB1TBl.png
This effect will allow to allocate "glowing pixels" If you have the picture is bright pixels, then they will not be obscured, in the contrary will glow

"Overlay"
5qRWNPe.png
Active almost the same as luminescence light only start not only bright pixels, and all that are in the spectrum closer to white. Thus, if we want to highlight in the picture such as iron swords, it's a perfect way.

However, after Applying of filter our image remains black you say, I will reply that the rest depends on the slider "opacity". Move it back and forth to find the perfect place for your case blackout.
I went something like this:
Z2uyB3r.png

The only thing I have to add about the color gamut image: Do not be afraid to experiment. It is not necessary to use this layer modes, you can fit something else. It is also not necessarily a strict blackout should be black, it can be dark red or dark blue, and can generally be lightening!
The main thing is not to be afraid to experiment, by the fact that the great Ctrl + z will always help to correct errors

Edited by viryz

By translate do you mean apply to an image I make?

Also thanks for the tutorials Viryz, they are a huge help. If by translate, fix up the English, I'll do that.

Finished my first:

I added a few extra bits and it's given me a series idea.

Here you go :)

DevRPz4.png

Edited by Ayhay

Wow! Thanks for the tutorial, it helps add a lot of life into otherwise plain snapshots!

I used it on some screenshots on my old builds, and even though I'm really bad at image editing, I think it helped to improve the overall look a lot:

20130406125241.png

20130406125241edit.png

20130401125507.png

20130401125507edit.png

I look forward to future tutorials! :)

Wow! Thanks for the tutorial, it helps add a lot of life into otherwise plain snapshots!

I used it on some screenshots on my old builds, and even though I'm really bad at image editing, I think it helped to improve the overall look a lot:

20130406125241.png

20130406125241edit.png

20130401125507.png

20130401125507edit.png

I look forward to future tutorials! :)

;_; Yours is so much better xD

Lesson 2:
shadows

So now let us consider how we can make shadows, but rather as I do them.
Initially the image of the Mine-imator enough light on this if there was such a thing a "shadow" that they would be very bright, but after treatment of the first lesson, they may lose their brightness, more on that later.

To demonstrate the shadows I took another picture where it will be easier to demonstrate.

eBi9eDg.png

Before you start creating shadows, you need to determine how they should go. I do it by eye (as well'm friends with sketching and drawing with) you, I can advise the following:

Create a new layer, and in its settings set opacity to 50%.

Then, from the center of lighting object holding the line to the places where there will be beginning of shadows:

6uApymb.jpg

I made them red and numbered for clarity. And so, in the image:
1 shade of a tree
2 character's shadow
3 Shadow Sword
4 Shadow villain
5 shadow from earth.

All that is within these lines, we can safely paint, as the sun approaches the horizon, and at this time shadows are very long.
By the way I should note that if the light source 2, then draw lines costs from both sources and make 2 layers with shadows!

And so, create a new layer. And paint over everything that is inside the lines in black.
I it looks like this:
3XhA2xM.png

Note that the black dye is not only a line, but the face of the object and which do not fall into the sunlight. And as you can see I have blacked out both characters completely.
Just do not worry too much about how exactly you paint over these objects. It is better to paint stopping, and then work the eraser instead additionally stained with. Why? Then they will understand.

We have turned out very bad shadows, not as you saw in my pictures. What is the secret? Now we go into the settings layer of our shadows. And move the Opacity slider, creating the desired tone shade. Will be released about this:

0d9J4nQ.png

Now let us see not forget we have some shadows? For example what about the shadows of the swords? Are they correct?

TLryjeN.png

Again taking a black brush, and making a couple of smears we get more plausible shadow.

A6f7Xua.png

But she's still not what it should be! Now it's time eraser. We need to remove those shadows, which should not be. Those who came to the illuminated areas. I have them highlighted:
5Kv0tE6.png

As you can see only a few isolated areas, the places where are the shadows of objects, we do not touch. For convenience, if the picture is dark and can not see the edges of objects, make the opacity a little more.
And so, I modified the image by removing unnecessary blackout.
HKscx5h.png

If you remember correctly shade from the sun, you can tell me that they do not have clear contours! That's right! To do this, we need a filter "Gaussian Blur"
But we apply it topically will, on the border of shadows. That is, in these locations:
Uq4kahO.png

Other areas do not require shadows blur, because nowhere in contact with lighted areas.
By the way the shadows of the torch, which character's holding in his hand will be much sharper than shadows from the sun, shadows are on the draws will be better than the ones you see from me.

Using the lasso tool we select the first area.
w8929ey.png

And apply the filter "Gausovo blur" in this area.
For shade from the sun enough blur to 25 points.
For shade from the torch or lamp is not more than 10-15. Depending on the distance.

Zc61az2.png

However, in this picture you can see that in places where I badly allocated area, the boundaries of the visible blur.
To avoid this, select the zone and apply the same filter, but with a maximum of 10 points.

RMtRfYx.png

That's all you need to know about the shadows, it remains only to play again with the transparency of the layer to find the perfect shading for your case.
And remember to remove the layer with the lines of shadows;) They are no longer needed

There is a much easier way for Lesson 2 instead of just painting the shadows with a brush. Duplicate layer, go to Layers > Rotate / Zoom layer, give it a nice angle, then make sure its all black (I think Hue / Saturation in Adjustments should help). Then your sure the angle is correct and you dont paint wrong.

For Administrators

The post will affect only the processing of the images. And I'm not sure whether correctly I chose the topic. If the subject here is not the place, please move this topic to the desired section.

Below this post are lesson-Program Paint.net. I use Paint.net 3.5.10. Newer versions should not differ by function. For the older versions will not respond.

As will be discussed in these lessons? Initially, I will discuss all the methods that are used for images, such as shadows, blood, magic and light effects.

I have to say that all the inscriptions in the picture will be in Russian. They are for illustrative purposes. Location in the English language will be specified in the text. If the text are translated incorrectly, please unsubscribe here, so I fixed this.

It is necessary to find the right filter 3, which will be used
Effects> For photos> Portrait

UOYF9Su.png

Effects> Distort> Dents

10Ifb7p.png

Effects> Blur> Gaussian Blur

74nSkB3.png

In 90% of cases will only use these filters.

Each subsequent lesson will write a separate post, leaving a link to it from the previous one, so as not to score the first message.

Ok, let's start the lesson.

1 lesson:
Filter "portrait" and blackout.

Let's take a picture with which we work.

QVNf1ud.png

Think before processing should look like the picture? Scary, funny, or just come to life.
Let's start with the filter 'Portrait'

K1nSLfB.jpg

There are three sliders. "Mitigation" "Illumination," "Heat"
For images where you need only to increase the contrast of the picture, and a little to revive it, is to put the "Brightness" and "Heat," to the maximum. Mitigating remove the minimum. Then will come out like this:

uNHpP2v.png

Our image is more vivid. Colors are brighter. Mitigation is best used if the pictures are any internal sense to give the epic picture. It is best to put no more than five. But I do not forbid you to experiment with this.
And so, back to the picture. We made her colors more vivid and colorful picture given life. But now I want that picture became a little darker, but has not lost its contrast.
Create a new layer and fill it with black. Next open the properties of the layer by double clicking on it.

rYU4ZBP.png

The menu appears. From here we only need two graphs. "Mode" and "Opacity"
To darken / lightening can make good use of Mode:
"Reflection"

hulsk4v.png

It should be used if we need just a little bit darker picture. It is applied over the paint layer, making everything a little darker color.

"Glow"
LjB1TBl.png
This effect will allow to allocate "glowing pixels" If you have the picture is bright pixels, then they will not be obscured, in the contrary will glow

"Overlay"

5qRWNPe.png

Active almost the same as luminescence light only start not only bright pixels, and all that are in the spectrum closer to white. Thus, if we want to highlight in the picture such as iron swords, it's a perfect way.

However, after Applying of filter our image remains black you say, I will reply that the rest depends on the slider "opacity". Move it back and forth to find the perfect place for your case blackout.
I went something like this:

Z2uyB3r.png

The only thing I have to add about the color gamut image: Do not be afraid to experiment. It is not necessary to use this layer modes, you can fit something else. It is also not necessarily a strict blackout should be black, it can be dark red or dark blue, and can generally be lightening!
The main thing is not to be afraid to experiment, by the fact that the great Ctrl + z will always help to correct errors

Hey I live in russia too I can read ALL Of what you put there!