Rig of the week : Idea

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

i don't like it, it just makes the other rig/WP makers feel bad :/

I did not take that into mind....You're right not most people seem to take good offence from competitions. Plus Girls and moderaters on the forums would have a greater chance of winning than the others.

I actually support this idea for a few reasons:

1. This will give riggers, wallpaper makers, etc. something to work towards every week. They want that publicity, so the quality of content will increase tenfold.

2. Gives new people a good idea of what to expect around here

3. Can possibly stimulate some more members to join the forums.

And the aforementioned con that people explained about:

Q: Won't this be a way of shaming those who don't work hard enough?

A: Only if you feel you deserved it more is the only way of feeling shamed. There is always next week, and the week after that. Allow me to tell you a story of a famous mapper on Gamebanana:

This mapper's name is 3klikphillip. He puts the absolute most effort into every single map. He takes weeks, if not months working on a single map. And the results are always astonishing. However his content never makes the front page. Even if he is famous, it never does. Why? Because it's always outshines by other maps which are 'remakes' and 'original' as apposed to his.

Even though this may happen, he is always indentured. He knows he's good. He even wins mapping contests worth 300 dollars each. Perhaps we all can take a page from this guy. Just because you didn't make front page doesn't mean you didn't deserve it. (Even though David and us mods will typically select content if this were in play)

Although there is one con I can think of: What if the quality of content per-week doesn't reach front-page standards? I currently don't have a counter-resolution to this, so I'll need some help on that one.

Suggestions:

We don't show off one piece of content on the front page. We show off six. This will very easily combat the con that is spoken by you all. This means instead of a 1/100 chance, it becomes a 6/100 chance; 1/16.66. That is far better than usual. 

And another is that the content be limited to 4 forms of art: Wallpaper, Rig, Texture, Schematic. So this way any outside art unrelated to Mine-imator doesn't make the front page. (It's not that we hate the outside kind of art, it's just that this would be the wrong website to showcase it on!)

I know I said that the mods will control the content. I lied. On the front page there will be 4 hand-picked content every week. This will be split between the mods and we will vote on each one. 2 choices for mods, and 2 choices for chat mods. The last 2 will be decided by the community. This way we won't have to seem like some kind of hierarchy or so that the choices aren't biased.

Tell me what you think of this OP, I am interested to see what you have to say.

I actually support this idea for a few reasons:

1. This will give riggers, wallpaper makers, etc. something to work towards every week. They want that publicity, so the quality of content will increase tenfold.

2. Gives new people a good idea of what to expect around here

3. Can possibly stimulate some more members to join the forums.

And the aforementioned con that people explained about:

Q: Won't this be a way of shaming those who don't work hard enough?

A: Only if you feel you deserved it more is the only way of feeling shamed. There is always next week, and the week after that. Allow me to tell you a story of a famous mapper on Gamebanana:

This mapper's name is 3klikphillip. He puts the absolute most effort into every single map. He takes weeks, if not months working on a single map. And the results are always astonishing. However his content never makes the front page. Even if he is famous, it never does. Why? Because it's always outshines by other maps which are 'remakes' and 'original' as apposed to his.

Even though this may happen, he is always indentured. He knows he's good. He even wins mapping contests worth 300 dollars each. Perhaps we all can take a page from this guy. Just because you didn't make front page doesn't mean you didn't deserve it. (Even though The Glorious David and us mods will typically select content if this were in play)

Although there is one con I can think of: What if the quality of content per-week doesn't reach front-page standards? I currently don't have a counter-resolution to this, so I'll need some help on that one.

Suggestions:

We don't show off one piece of content on the front page. We show off six. This will very easily combat the con that is spoken by you all. This means instead of a 1/100 chance, it becomes a 6/100 chance; 1/16.66. That is far better than usual. 

And another is that the content be limited to 4 forms of art: Wallpaper, Rig, Texture, Schematic. So this way any outside art unrelated to Mine-imator doesn't make the front page. (It's not that we hate the outside kind of art, it's just that this would be the wrong website to showcase it on!)

I know I said that the mods will control the content. I lied. On the front page there will be 4 hand-picked content every week. This will be split between the mods and we will vote on each one. 2 choices for mods, and 2 choices for chat mods. The last 2 will be decided by the community. This way we won't have to seem like some kind of hierarchy or so that the choices aren't biased.

Tell me what you think of this OP, I am interested to see what you have to say.