How to use Mine-Imator to make perfect MC drawings and characters

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello Mine-Imator! I recently made an art style for drawing Minecraft characters easily and perfectly proportioned!

It is easy to make your own adjustments to the style to personalize your art, as well!

So step one: Setting up the canvas:

Make your drawing canvas by making a solid-white skin and posing it in Mine-Imator. Alternatively, you can use any skin as a reference as well. The white skin is merely a personal preference.

profiletemplate_zps263ac0a7.png

Next, outline the edges!

Outline the edges and add in minor details to your image.

colourin_zps3645aed8.png

Finally, add your colour and final details to your image!

The details and colouring should be the most fun and easy part of your art, depending on the character you're doing!

WolfrenPic_zps40ecc7a3.png

Anyway, that's my art tips! feel free to add your drawings in this style to the comments! (in spoilers, please!)

Enjoy the style! (Be sure to watermark your work!) Also, this style is free-use, you don't need to credit me, but go ahead if you want!

Edited by Wolfren_Aetherson

I know GIMP to have a wonderful cartoonize feature but this, is actually quite cool. May I suggest using a white skin in conjunction with the character skin in case you want to reference or position etc.?

I know GIMP to have a wonderful cartoonize feature but this, is actually quite cool. May I suggest using a white skin in conjunction with the character skin in case you want to reference or position etc.?

Good point, I'll edit that into the main post.

Perfection is something impossible. Also, It's a good idea, in fact, several people have done this already that I know of. Posting a step by step is nice of you. I personally like freestyle drawing- it gives that originality and less organized effect.