Unanimatable objects (dummies)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

The title may be wierd, but what i mean is like you can add a character called a background dummy.
BackGround Dummy: basically when you add the dummy, it has no appearance on timeline but you can click on it to position it and stuff. there are numerous options of what you can make the dummy do, like walk from one point to another continuously. or he can do the a custom action (by selecting frames and locking them to the dummy), ex. you can make a set of keyframes where he swings a sword, then lock them to the dummy so he will constantly swing his sword after given amount of frames. you can disable viewing them so they wont show up at all (only in the listing GUI). you can also make him multiple people ex. one huge crowd of steves that all move on one movement thing,(forgot what they are called but they are the little line thing you use to move your character and stuff) you can also make all of them have one movement like a crowd jumping in sync at a concert. 

i hope you liked my suggestion :) it would be very useful to make crowds and like cities with random npcs

What Ayhay said. Also you can just toggle the timeline and pretend it never existed.

Movement's are done through keyframes, made visible and distinguishable in the timeline. He'd have to be there.

oh, well the point was to have a whole bunch of them without taking up most of the timeline interface