[ϟ] - Important Bulletin; "Welcoming"

Guest MineatronOrigin
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Guest MineatronOrigin

Hello Mine-imator Forums;

I understand that an acquaintance of mine has had some trouble with some of the people on the forums and "reputation," and likewise, I have as well. Reputation helps the person posting a topic or commenting on a post differentiate what they're doing well on their part, and what they're not. However, reputation is a power and a privilege that can be used for both good, and bad. Putting someone down on the forums is not a welcoming attribute and makes you come across as 'rude.' So, help people out will you? Because Minecraft already has an upsetting community to abide in. We can make the community a better place just by saying "Your welcome here" to a new forum member. It's not right that they have to deal with the pain and sorrow of being judged and labeled just because a few unwanted posts resulted in this:

5NnCt.jpg

So please help out others. In my honest opinion, The Glorious David or the forums itself shouldn't even allow for members to reach a negative reputation point.

Best regards, MineatronOrigin

- - In loving memory of JCC - -

Edited by MineatronOrigin

I think members shouldn't be able to downrep a post. I see the point in GIVING reputation, because you liked a post or you find it useful. Removing reputation however, is useless. Most of the time, when someone gives a -1 to a post, it just leads to some stupid Internet drama between a bunch of kids.

The only reason a minute number of people have problems on here is purely to do with how they act towards others and react to trivial stuff, such as a few downreps.

Guest MineatronOrigin

I think members shouldn't be able to downrep a post. I see the point in GIVING reputation, because you liked a post or you find it useful. Removing reputation however, is useless. Most of the time, when someone gives a -1 to a post, it just leads to some stupid Internet drama between a bunch of kids.

I totally agree with this... I don't know if its possible to bring this up with david or all the forum communities due to the mere fact that its and ongoing problem that likely won't be fixed in a day. :\

I swear, whenever someone gets a -1, they either:

• Be a man and take it in(Rarly happens though.)
  • Write status and complain and try to get everyone else to -1 them back
  • Say they'll leave the forums
  • Report them because they -1'd
  • Create a "hate list" and add them to it

I don't know why people think a -1 is the end of the world.
It's an ONLINE FEATURE that is meant to be used. If someone can't take a -1 they shouldn't be using the internet in my opinion.

I really wish people viewed it as simple criticism instead of an attack.

I totally agree with this... I don't know if its possible to bring this up with The Glorious David or all the forum communities due to the mere fact that its and ongoing problem that likely won't be fixed in a day. :\

I discussed it with David. Basically, he doesn't want to remove it because apparently, this feature is useful to mark posts that are barely against the rules. ._.

Off topic: JCC was a bad person. He didn't know how to take a plus one or a minus one. He cared too much about rep. And yes, as Emunator said, 

If someone can't take a -1 they shouldn't be using the internet in my opinion.

That ^

On topic: Yes, we need that button, it's used for greater purposes.

ask david. it's a feature.

JCC joined the forums with hate on everyone. How can I welcome someone who's hating everyone all the time? I maybe wanna say "Hello welcome to..." And he "*%$@#$"

That's the thing which I noticed in him.. Then he tries to ACT like a good man. He get the few 5 reps.. which makes him green again, then he go bad again.

Pointless.

EDIT: Also.. this rep system is to say that I like or dislike this thingy. Just like in Youtube, Facebook "No dislike though.." And Google plus "No dislike.." I know sometimes I don't have to show my dislike on a basic rig or a 3 mins animation which is done in 1 second, but some times it go totally far.. when you really have to show your dislike - like.

Edited by CaptainMaxwell

My opinion? Yes, the -1 feature is somewhat useful, but it does also cause drama. I can take a -1. It happens to everyone. (Tbh, once I got a -1 and didn't know why. But back to the topic.) It's just a -1, not the end of the world. Your rep only goes down by ONE. Big deal! Anyway, where was I? Maybe the number of -1's you can give should be reduced, so basically you can't -1 as much in a day. And if you can't -1 a lot, then drama'll go down. Even if that's not possible, it shouldn't kill you to get a -1. I agree that newbies shouldn't get -1'd unless they're directly breaking the rules, cuz they're new! They don't have as much experience as you and I. Course, I'd get it if they were here for like a month or something. They'd know their way around the forums. 

(Yes, I apologize for making you read this Über-long thingy.)

My opinion, Take it dangit, its the INTERNET. Not real life and people start forums wars over it, likes JCC started like what, 3? I'm sick of people like JCC hating on EVERYONE, I tried to be nice to JCC at first, cus i felt bad, but he a real dip.

My opinion? Yes, the -1 feature is somewhat useful, but it does also cause drama. I can take a -1. It happens to everyone. (Tbh, once I got a -1 and didn't know why. But back to the topic.) It's just a -1, not the end of the world. Your rep only goes down by ONE. Big deal! Anyway, where was I? Maybe the number of -1's you can give should be reduced, so basically you can't -1 as much in a day. And if you can't -1 a lot, then drama'll go down. Even if that's not possible, it shouldn't kill you to get a -1. I agree that newbies shouldn't get -1'd unless they're directly breaking the rules, cuz they're new! They don't have as much experience as you and I. Course, I'd get it if they were here for like a month or something. They'd know their way around the forums. 

**Off-topic**

Über-long? I once made something as long as the first book in the Bible. And that took a long time.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

**On-topic**

The whole "Down-rep" system is a some-what good thing. It can have ups and downs according to what happened. For example, JCC. I tried to act as kind as I possibly could, following the path of respect and all, until everything went out of hand. Honestly, there should be some sort of "Reasoning" system for when you -1 a topic. You should give a valid reason for why you down-repped that post or topic. For say, "He killed an Enderman" is not a good reason. On the other hand, saying something like "He spammed within random topics and used EXCESIVE CAPS with his posts" is a good reason since it does afflict with the forum's basic rules. Sometimes, I just wish there wasn't as much "Internet Drama" as there is now, so I would take less breaks from the forums then I do now... But over-all, I just wish The Glorious David would change up the reputation system a bit.

Edited by MCWarrior

Yeh..... he revenged reped he radomly -1ed if he got to negitive rep and he -1ed me on my first Team Request and neco'ed on the same time yeh. peeps just cant take a -1 rep I did Eat it and go ill inprove. ill have to -1 you Sir

....................................................................................................chiiiiiibbyyyyy...