Video Editing Software

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hey everyone, at the moment I just use Windows Live Movie Maker to add audio, but now that I'm making more intricate animations with much more audio in, I need a more professional, but still free, video editing program, that also renders out in 1080p, for HQ YouTube videos. 

Any suggestions? (Much appreciated!)

19 answers to this question

You Know You Could Just Save The Video Add Some Of The Audio In Save It Then Open The Saved Video And Add The Rest Of The Sounds,Right? 

Yeah I'm aware of that, that's how I do it, but it's so tedious, and there are plenty of programs out there where you can add multiple pieces of audio on different tracks, so you can render it out just once. 

Yeah I'm aware of that, that's how I do it, but it's so tedious, and there are plenty of programs out there where you can add multiple pieces of audio on different tracks, so you can render it out just once. 

Oh sorry,but it may be a little hard to find one that's free.

Oh sorry,but it may be a little hard to find one that's free.

Yeah, I found one called VideoPad where you can add multiple audio on different tracks, but the quality isn't particularly great. It's okay though, it's a definite improve on Windows Movie Maker xD

You should try "audacity." Its a free program which allows you to compile multiple audio tracks into one file, and then export it as a single mp3 file. This would allow you to just add one audio file to one large windows movie maker file.

Edited by darkcowman

You should try "audacity." Its a free program which allows you to compile multiple audio tracks into one file, and then export it as a single mp3 file.

but you cant add a video on another note free i dont know of any besides movie maker(calls up team to try to get to work on it)but i just use camtasia studio 8 since i randomly found a source code i think it was called

Not to toot my own horn, but I bet I have been through the most Video editing softwares in my time. Here are my suggestions:

Lightworks - The gui mechanism is very sketchy, and navigating is a chore. Though I hear this one is an underdog of a video editor if you can find it's learning curve

Pinnacle VideoSpin - A small learning curve for this one, but the program is free and produces decent quality.

VideoPad Video Editor - An underlooked piece of software, but it can and will produce 1080p quality style videos if you know what you are doing. Has basic transitions and effects too. It's really easy to learn, but it gets old after some use.

VSDC Free Video Editor - I downloaded this one once, and it's very good. Nothing fancy, but it comes with a lot to work with.

Wax - I could never figure how this one works, but it's actually really good.. (Even comes with a ton of effects and extra features)

Now we're on the things I have searched up.

EZVid - Heard good things about this one. Looks reliable enough. Give it a try and see how well it works.

Cinefx Jashaka  - the design is garbage but it's said to bring 'hollywood' effects. I dunno about this one.

Thanks so much everyone! At the moment I'm just using VideoPad, it's really simple, and you can compile audio in different tracks and different pieces of audio on the same track, and that's all I really need from the software - audio convenience. 

Not to toot my own horn, but I bet I have been through the most Video editing softwares in my time. Here are my suggestions:

Lightworks - The gui mechanism is very sketchy, and navigating is a chore. Though I hear this one is an underdog of a video editor if you can find it's learning curve

Pinnacle VideoSpin - A small learning curve for this one, but the program is free and produces decent quality.

VideoPad Video Editor - An underlooked piece of software, but it can and will produce 1080p quality style videos if you know what you are doing. Has basic transitions and effects too. It's really easy to learn, but it gets old after some use.

VSDC Free Video Editor - I downloaded this one once, and it's very good. Nothing fancy, but it comes with a lot to work with.

Wax - I could never figure how this one works, but it's actually really good.. (Even comes with a ton of effects and extra features)

Now we're on the things I have searched up.

EZVid - Heard good things about this one. Looks reliable enough. Give it a try and see how well it works.

Cinefx Jashaka  - the design is garbage but it's said to bring 'hollywood' effects. I dunno about this one.

Thank you so much for this post, helped a lot! I'll look into the ones that I haven't heard of, and see which one suits me best! :)

Edited by TheKierAnimator

Hey everyone, at the moment I just use Windows Live Movie Maker to add audio, but now that I'm making more intricate animations with much more audio in, I need a more professional, but still free, video editing program, that also renders out in 1080p, for HQ YouTube videos. 

Any suggestions? (Much appreciated!)

the 2012 WLMM  you can add 2 lines of sound in it. and the file exports are twice as small as the previous version