New Screenshot Exporter

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Having a more complete screenshot exporting tool would be very useful for people like me, who does lots of rendering using Mine-imator. Here's how the new option could look like:

G5oq6WC.png

There's a few options. The first one allows you to choose the screenshot size, very useful if you want to create high-resolution renders when you have a small screen on your computer. The" anti-aliasing" option will smooth the edges of the picture, greatly improving it's quality. However, I don't know if Game Maker supports that. A workaround could be forcing the software to create a screenshot twice as big to shrink it down at the required resolution. The "transparent sky" option will simply remove the sky, the sun/moon and the clouds from the current screenshot. And finally, you can choose to disable shadows from the screenshot if you want.

It's driving me up the wall not having this feature. I spent about an hour strugling to figure out how to get a perfect 1920x1080 screenshot. I'm trying to make some desktop backgrounds for my clan.

Yep, with 1.7, the only thing you can do is get a computer with a huge screen resolution.

Or change your display resolution.