How Will Shadows Work In 1.0.0?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Will the shadows render instantly like the shadow test. Or will they appear when you start rendering your animation into an .avi? If it renders instantly, a lot of users won't be able to animate due to the lag. Including me.

Well...

There will be low-quality mode and high-quality mode. You can work in 100% framerate in low-quality and preview the visual result in high-quality, with shadows and all that. The animation will render in high-quality.

Source

If you've used the shadow test you can see that a lot of people add a number of lights, usually under 10 and bam, FPS drops majorly.

I personally think:

• David's improvements to the shadow system and once fully implemented into 1.0.0 will result in: us being able to use hopefully 10 lights or more without too much of an FPS drop at a high quality preview mode.
  • With a low quality we may be able to use 15 or more without as David said: 100% framerate. 

I also think shadow's will either be 'Toggled' to show a live preview, or maybe a 'preview' box to show a part of a scene or selected area of the timeline. Just my thoughts, David has said Mineimator will be getting quite the write-over so major improvements and interface changes are likely.

Well...

Source

If you've used the shadow test you can see that a lot of people add a number of lights, usually under 10 and bam, FPS drops majorly.

I personally think:

• The Glorious David's improvements to the shadow system and once fully implemented into 1.0.0 will result in: us being able to use hopefully 10 lights or more without too much of an FPS drop at a high quality preview mode.
  • With a low quality we may be able to use 15 or more without as The Glorious David said: 100% framerate. 

I also think shadow's will either be 'Toggled' to show a live preview, or maybe a 'preview' box to show a part of a scene or selected area of the timeline. Just my thoughts, The Glorious David has said Mineimator will be getting quite the write-over so major improvements and interface changes are likely.

Maybe I should ask The Glorious Dave what he's going to do...

I remember him saying somewhere there will be a "low quality" and "high quality". It will always render in high quality, but in low quality, there will be less lag and you can animate better.

I remember him saying somewhere there will be a "low quality" and "high quality". It will always render in high quality, but in low quality, there will be less lag and you can animate better.

Oh! Now I get it! Change the settings to low quality, and when you're done the animation, record/render it!

The only thing I worry about is slight chops caused by bad rendering. I've tried to render videos with a DoS computer who has seen it's last days, and they end up having issues with rendering. Like a single frame being locked for 4 extra seconds, then jumping ahead like normal.

Though there's no way to find out for sure until the next update is released. (Along with Half-Life 3)

The only thing I worry about is slight chops caused by bad rendering. I've tried to render videos with a DoS computer who has seen it's last days, and they end up having issues with rendering. Like a single frame being locked for 4 extra seconds, then jumping ahead like normal.

Though there's no way to find out for sure until the next update is released. (Along with Half-Life 3)

Man. That's going to be a long time! :D

how to get no lag. Get a better computer specs

If you've tried the shadow test, it will lag for EVERYONE at some point, even you. Getting better computer specs might help, but at some point everyone will be lagging like crazy.

Man. That's going to be a long time! :D

If you've tried the shadow test, it will lag for EVERYONE at some point, even you. Getting better computer specs might help, but at some point everyone will be lagging like crazy.

I tested to....NO LAG...

I got like 13 FPS at 23 light...jesus